Camera protector for Pixel 9 Pro XL

sykes13

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone....first post here. I recently purchased Pixel 9 Pro XLs for my wife and I, and am looking for a decent camera protector. I have read that some of the glass ones affect the telephoto lens, resulting in blurry pictures. Does anyone here have any recommendations? Thanks!

ericlf

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Caseology camera lens protector on a 9 Pro. I have only taken a few pictures with 5x zoom, but the pictures do not appear blurry. Here is an example. This picture was taken through a double pane window with a window screen. Sorry, I don't have long distance zoomed shots to share. Amazon reviews are mixed, but I didn't have any problems with the installation.

Reactions: sykes13

sykes13

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
I'm using a Caseology camera lens protector on a 9 Pro. I have only taken a few pictures with 5x zoom, but the pictures do not appear blurry. Here is an example. This picture was taken through a double pane window with a window screen. Sorry, I don't have long distance zoomed shots to share. Amazon reviews are mixed, but I didn't have any problems with the installation.
Thanks for the reply. You didn't post the pic...:)

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I tried one with the Pixel 6 Pro and, just as with mustang7757, I suspected that it was possibly affecting the image quality of some photos, particularly those taken in sunny, bright light, and I removed it. Long story, short, no scratches (micro or otherwise) on the lens for either the Pixel 6 Pro or my Pixel 8 Pro (also not using one). I AM, however, using a Spigen Tough Armor case (used one with Pixel 6 Pro as well), which provides additional protection to the camera lens area.

Last edited:

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I dunno.. back in the day when I used a film SLR for lots of photograhy, me and a lot of other pros used an assortment of screw on filters - there wasn't a concern. I can't see how a layer of glass imperceptively close to the lens is going to affect anything....

Reactions: sykes13

sykes13

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
I dunno.. back in the day when I used a film SLR for lots of photograhy, me and a lot of other pros used an assortment of screw on filters - there wasn't a concern. I can't see how a layer of glass imperceptively close to the lens is going to affect anything....
Agreed. A lot of people use ND and GND filters in front of lenses.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The difference is filters for SLR were high grade and quite expensive. The lens protectors for phones are cheap and lack the quality.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I think just using the phone you're going to be fine with the camera lenses have never been one to try to find something to add to it. Unnecessary in my opinion but to each their own

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I've dropped my Pixel 6 Pro countless times and never had a problem with the camera lens. Until a couple months ago, when it took a direct hit and cracked. Now photos using a particular has light bleed in the lower left, one of the reasons I'm upgrading to the P9P XL

Reactions: Bkdodger1

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I've fiddled around a bit with budget and not-so-budget on SLR and filters - certain scenarios are a lot more obvious than others, usually refracting light that causes flaring and similar, IME.
I have a halfway decent (in theory... :unsure:) Spigen protector on my P9PXL, and had one on my P7P, didn't seem to give me much grief in most pics. Sure gives me quite a bit of peace of mind though, like everything, it's a small tradeoff...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeholdersEye