Camera quality is absolutely horrendous. Am I doing something wrong?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you are only getting one I would recommend getting the Note 4/Note Edge. This 6+ is a very nice smartphone. ...but the Notes go way beyond it in customization and utility. You want simple? The Note can do that. You want complex flexibility? The iPhone CANNOT do that... without a jailbreak and even then it falls far short of the Note's out-of-the-box abilities.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Unless I missed it, I find it very interesting that this derogatory statement posted by the OP, in 14 pages of responses/posts hasn't been back since their Original Post! Hmmm

A very common occurence in forums like these. The OP either finds validation for their original thought, or they find what they were looking for elsewhere and never return to the thread.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Unless I missed it, I find it very interesting that this derogatory statement posted by the OP, in 14 pages of responses/posts hasn't been back since their Original Post! Hmmm
Considering that the op has one post total, it is unlikely for them to make a reply.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen an iPhone 6/6+ picture yet that has made me drool. They're nice, but nothing I don't get from my Note 4 (but bigger and more crisp).

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm expecting my AT&T Note 4 tomorrow. THANK YOU to everyone who pointed out there was a hard-to-see protective film. Once I've removed it, I'll post back with whether the AT&T version has the little hole in the film (but I'll remove it anyway, since it might be covering up a sensor or something that could still affect things, I presume).

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to chime in and say it has to be user error or a defective phone. This camera is nothing short of brilliant in almost every aspect of the day. I have taken photos in all times and scenarios and the only ones that don't look stunning as in extreme low-light situations. Even in normal low-light (bars etc), it's fantastic.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people posting photos are posting still shots. The phone can take great stills but some people may mean movement but fail to mention it.

The regular iPhone 6 delivers much sharper images too. The Note 4 you need to hold perfectly still (I need both hands for that) to get a really clear photo, the iPhone 6 you can just pull out of your pocket and take a quick sharp picture without needing to think about it.
Don't be fooled by the lack of OIS on the small iPhone 6.

Its such a shame.

I'd really like to see people post some pics of their motion shots without blur. Please.

Posted via the Android Central App

My note 4 is by far the poorest camera in low light I've used. It's Laggy and blurred . It has surprised me to say the least.. Samsung usually has a decent camera experience

I haven't read through the whole thread, but for those of you that have issues with blurry shots in lowish light, download CameraZoomFX and report back with your findings. You can even download the paid version and get a refund if you don't like it. For whatever reason, the camera will not hold focus when the light is just slightly dim. You will notice a HUGE difference in focus with that app (and many other apps for that matter), I just prefer CameraZoomFX!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is the shot with my Note 4:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423590611.511527.jpg

This is shot with my iPhone 6+:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423590657.591840.jpg

This is shot with my Note 4:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423590768.875001.jpg

This is shot with my 6+:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423590828.181978.jpg

Both good results but, for me, the 6+ produces slighty more accurate yet more pleasing results. Some may prefer the Note 4's results.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •

Max Nix

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you remove the piece of protective film from the camera lens.? The only smartphone camera I've had/used that was better was the Nokia Lumia 928.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people posting photos are posting still shots. The phone can take great stills but some people may mean movement but fail to mention it.

The regular iPhone 6 delivers much sharper images too. The Note 4 you need to hold perfectly still (I need both hands for that) to get a really clear photo, the iPhone 6 you can just pull out of your pocket and take a quick sharp picture without needing to think about it.
Don't be fooled by the lack of OIS on the small iPhone 6.

Its such a shame.

I'd really like to see people post some pics of their motion shots without blur. Please.

My note 4 is by far the poorest camera in low light I've used. It's Laggy and blurred . It has surprised me to say the least.. Samsung usually has a decent camera experience

This is the shot with my Note 4:
View attachment 162844

This is shot with my iPhone 6+:
View attachment 162845

This is shot with my Note 4:
View attachment 162846

This is shot with my 6+:
View attachment 162847

Both good results but, for me, the 6+ produces slighty more accurate yet more pleasing results. Some may prefer the Note 4's results.

• from the ?????? i6+ •

Maybe the pic of the speakers/comp, but the pic of the towel looks MUCH better from the Note 4.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you remove the piece of protective film from the camera lens.? The only smartphone camera I've had/used that was better was the Nokia Lumia 928.
Yeah. In fact I can't imagine how the Note 4 shots could be as clear as they are with film over the lens.

Z06 Mike, it's subjective. I prefer the 6+'s towel shot and it's close to the color of the towel.

from the venerable Note 3π

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webby