Camera shutter sound silenced!

epicmoi

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Uva Silent Camera Free Widget for Android

Uva Silent Camera Free Widget
It shoots silently, using video capture mode. Someone else check it out and let me know what you think.

Also CameraZOOM FX is on sale today for .25 on the android market. (I just can't bring myself to say play store. it insults us) This camera app has a burst mode that shoots silently.
This issue might be a deal breaker between me and my new epic. 12 days to go.

howiesf

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I found the fix final! Look on the Play Store for an app called 'Earpiece.' The setting for the silencer is in the second menu after enabling the earpiece volume setting. Good news is that since installing thus on my non-rooted I777 the option to disable the camera sound now appears in the Camera settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I found the fix final! Look on the Play Store for an app called 'Earpiece.' The setting for the silencer is in the second menu after enabling the earpiece volume setting. Good news is that since installing thus on my non-rooted I777 the option to disable the camera sound now appears in the Camera settings.

I couldn't get it to work for me, but I'm running JB, so that might make a difference. I did notice that the shutter effect is quieter in JB than ICS FWIW.

howiesf

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
It could be JB bu t what I did was to enable the earpiece volume option, then the More Settings and enable the Camera setting, back out and use the camera for about 5 minutes. Then disable all settings in ear piece and go into you camera settings and you should see an option for 'Shutter Sound.'

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just hit the mute toggle and Voila! No shutter sound. Not that big of a deal for me.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

planase

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
If root you can use app ShutUpCamera. Still have a little sound but is better than nothing.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

Guian

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Could use SoudAbout from GooglePlay. There's a widget it has to route all sounds through your headset. You can fip the widget on and no shutter sound.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You have to watch out with third party camera apps in the Play Store. I've tried Silent Cam and Angel Camera, both touting the ability to silence the shutter, but the picture quality is horrible. Just because the camera hardware can support 8 megapixels doesn't mean that all camera apps can take advantage of it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You have to watch out with third party camera apps in the Play Store. I've tried Silent Cam and Angel Camera, both touting the ability to silence the shutter, but the picture quality is horrible. Just because the camera hardware can support 8 megapixels doesn't mean that all camera apps can take advantage of it.
Check your thread, I posted a way for you to disable shutter sound with GB27 (Jellybean). Hope that is what you are looking for :).

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Check your thread, I posted a way for you to disable shutter sound with GB27 (Jellybean). Hope that is what you are looking for :).

That could work. At the moment I'm back on stock ICS after a soft brick incident, and mulling over how I want to upgrade again. I had CM10.1 before which I really liked except for the fact that it won't accommodate the Sprint profile updates. I'd be interested in a good JB based custom ROM which works and plays well with the carrier's network. Support for additional foreign languages (instead of just Spanish) would be nice too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That could work. At the moment I'm back on stock ICS after a soft brick incident, and mulling over how I want to upgrade again. I had CM10.1 before which I really liked except for the fact that it won't accommodate the Sprint profile updates. I'd be interested in a good JB based custom ROM which works and plays well with the carrier's network. Support for additional foreign languages (instead of just Spanish) would be nice too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Check XDA Development for the E4GT. There are several ROMs based on the latest official JellyBean update with enhancments and support Sprint profile updates and probably the languages you are looking for.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
the only thing that works at the moment is rooting the phone and removing the camera sound files..which is lame if you don't really want to root your phone and remove them completely and lose all camera sound.
This didn't work for me on rooted FI27 ICS, but then I only renamed the .ogg files to 1_*.ogg.bak, instead of removing them altogether. I think I need to look at the ROMs that srkmagnus mentioned.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
On gb27, or any jellybean ROM for that matter, edit features.xml. You need to be rooted to do it, look for shutter sound menu in that file.

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45