camera volume

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Not sure you are able to. On most smartphones they make the camera noise loud, an unable to be changed. You have to remember the main reason behind many of these devices is for business, and many business people aren't out snapping secretive pictures. Unfortunately they set it at that level and don't allow the change, unless there is a 3rd party app that does it that I havent found

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I just figured out that I could turn off the camera volume with the ringer volume control a few days ago. It came in particularly handy when I wanted to take an unflattering photo of my wife napping and post it on facebook. ;-)

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Blackdroid's UltimateDroid ROM and he removed the camera shutter sound altogether. I didn't expect it but I sure do appreciate it.

SMJUCmoose

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the sound because i'm a hunter and if a animal comes by that i don't intend to shoot, i can take a picture of it with no camera sound.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I think that's the focusing mechanism that makes that noise. No chance of stopping that at startup. That thing really makes a racket when I'm using a barcode scanner app.

-SR-

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I think that's the focusing mechanism that makes that noise. No chance of stopping that at startup. That thing really makes a racket when I'm using a barcode scanner app.

-SR-

oh well, we gave it a shot. yeah, it DOES make a racket. I hit the camera by accident in a meeting and it turned on the camera (I was checking a text) and it sounded like a freight train.

ianmedina

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
The 2 camera apps I downloaded Camera Magic and Vignette allow you to silence the shutter sound and you can turn auto-focus off so it takes the picture faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onkareshwar