can droid be used as a remote monitor?

um14

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok I am an old dude and techno challenged. I have an acer 10.1 255 netbook and I need to run a motorcycle tuning program on the netbook and be able to see what is being shown on the netbook screen while the net book is secured in a small motorcycle trunk. I need to be able to see what is on the screen while riding the motorcycle so was thinking if there was a way to transfer the information from the netbook to the droid I could mount the droid on the handlebars. any of you tech wiz people know how I can do it and explain it so a caveman could understand it? Also I will be in an area without out cell service. thanks um14

um14

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
wow I thought this forum would have some wiz bang techno superstars. I know it can be done just not how. Help me I have fallen and can't get up.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
There are free ways of doing this, but signing up for something like http://logmein.com is probably your best bet.

Assuming you're running Windows you can also explore RealVNC and android-vnc-viewer or set up Microsoft's remote desktop service and use something like PocketCloud to view it - but that's a lot more involved.

um14

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
will any of these work without internet service? I have tried an app called teamviewer but my problem is I am going to be out of internet service range when I use it. I got teamviewer to mirror the netbook screen to the droid but then it disconnect; windows 7 starter is what is on the netbook.thanks

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Now you're getting complicated. You can probably do it by connecting the laptop to your phone's WiFi hotspot, but whether you get decent performance or it's worth it to you is another story. Setting up an access point in the car to do this would be the direction I'd head, but I can't give you step-by-step instructions on how to get that working and allow you to use your phone/laptop conveniently. Personally, I'd just look into one of the Windows-based tablets (HP had a few long before the iPad) and work off that.

um14

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
ok I must be in the wrong line of work lol. I know nothing about computers and droids etc and figured it out. All you need is a portable wireless router ie asus wl-330ge and you can do it with no phone service or internet service. hook the router up to the netbook and it transfers what is on the netbook to the droid. damn geek squad guys at local bestbuy said no can do not possible with out expensive specialized equip. dang router was $21 after rebate from some site called egghead.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iyekdroidcentral2