Can I get rid of Samsung apps?

Porsch63

Nov 16, 2020
Visit site
I'd like to get rid of Samsung bloatware and run pure Android. Can this be done? The problem is that Samsung apps take over some tasks, causing problems and frustration, such as only allowing me to choose pix for FB from Samsung Gallery and not Google Photos, where the pix I need are. Google apps are available and in sync on all my devices, not only this phone.

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You have 2 options - disable them using an app such as package disabler or find a vanilla 3rd party ROM which would end up wiping the device in the process.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'd like to get rid of Samsung bloatware and run pure Android. Can this be done? The problem is that Samsung apps take over some tasks, causing problems and frustration, such as only allowing me to choose pix for FB from Samsung Gallery and not Google Photos, where the pix I need are. Google apps are available and in sync on all my devices, not only this phone.
Hi, welcome to AC!
What samsung phone do you have ? Like mentioned before the app called package disabler pro can help to disable apps that normally you can't , but purchase it from website not the play store.

https://www.packagedisabler.com/