Can I get some help with a few questions about migrating to Android after years of iOS?

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Migrating to Android after years of IOS

Hi All.

With my Moto X scheduled for delivery today i'm about to join the Android family. Over the last few days i've been researching the proper ways to migrate from IOS to Android. My biggest concern is being able to text without issue. My kids both have Ipods and when my wife migrated to Android last year she was unable to send them texts or send pics via text to anyone. Obviously I need to be able to communicate with them when i'm away. As a realtor and photographer text is a huge part of my work day and I want to avoid any unnecessary issues. I've read about unregistering my number with my Apple ID. That being said, I do work on Macs and I believe i've read that I need sign out of all of them before I move my number over to my moto x. Some of the articles i've read are not recent so I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a recent, accurate step, by step guide to make my move to Android as smooth as possible.

Many Thanks,

Dave

Brad Harris

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Migrating to Android after years of IOS

All I did was set my wifes iPhone from imessage to text. I've had no problem since

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

You won't be able to "text" your kids on their iPods. The iPods use iMessage, or Messages, over WiFi. The iPhone made that kind of transparent, now it's a solid brick wall. You'll need to set them up with a Google account and use Hangouts or find some other method/app to communicate with them.

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks All.

Is it safe to assume I will still need to un-register my number with Apple? I will be using a new sim card through Straight Talk.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Hi All. Thanks again for your advice. I have another question. If my primary gmail account is also my apple ID sign in, will that be a problem or will I need to create a new gmail account to use specifically for my new Moto X. Any clarification would be appreciated.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Apple only uses the email address as an identifier, you can use the same account for your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar