can i kill the annoying notification sound for texts and emails when i am on a call??

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i've checked the settings options in the dialer, in the phone, in settings/notification even textra and found nothing. it's the worst possible sound and of course prevents me from hearing what the person on the line is saying. please help!

i am on a verizon LGV40 with nova launcher (checked there as well)...

and to be honest i like being notified there is a text or email. but i want the short beep i hear when i am not on a call. still if i have to completely disable it that would be an improvement...

thank you!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Change the notification sound to a short beep then, or put the thing on vibrate.. It should be a basic setting in sounds and notifications or similar...

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Change the notification sound to a short beep then, or put the thing on vibrate.. It should be a basic setting in sounds and notifications or similar...

it definitely should be but i don't see it anywhere...

i do have a short beep when i am not on a call. but the sound when I am on a call is horrific.

this has actually been a problem for months i just keep forgetting to complain about it ??????

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
nope. these are the screens i see under call settings in the dialer (phone icon, dial, dots in the upper right, then call settings)...

Screenshot_2019-03-26-09-02-21.jpg

Screenshot_2019-03-26-09-02-37.jpg

Screenshot_2019-03-26-09-02-43.jpg

Screenshot_2019-03-26-09-02-47.jpg

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
i've checked the settings options in the dialer, in the phone, in settings/notification even textra and found nothing. it's the worst possible sound and of course prevents me from hearing what the person on the line is saying. please help!

i am on a verizon LGV40 with nova launcher (checked there as well)...

and to be honest i like being notified there is a text or email. but i want the short beep i hear when i am not on a call. still if i have to completely disable it that would be an improvement...

thank you!

Check your settings in textra. It has a section for what to do during calls, at least on my LG V30 running Android 8.0
textra > settings > customize notifications > during phone call

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Check your settings in textra. It has a section for what to do during calls, at least on my LG V30 running Android 8.0
textra > settings > customize notifications > during phone call

thank you. they have been turned off since the beginning. but the annoying beep remains. i got a system update last night. perhaps that will help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332