Can I receive call while surfing the web?

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I think it is funny those commercials that say "I can call and surf at the same time!" Then makes it look like the page appears right away while he is on the call. I have friends with AT&T and several phones, including the iPhone. Yeh, then can surf when on a call, but it is like they are using a 9600baud modem. The internet connection is almost not even there. Even an IM program takes a minute or more to send a line of text.

Then I started asking around to see if anyone ever needed to be on the internet while on their phones at the same time. 100% of the people asked (about 20, and all tech support geeks) said no.

I used WiFi once on my Touch Pro 2 while on a call just to see if it can be done and if it would be of any use. Yes, it can be done. The Touch Pro 2 (Sprint) does not seem to care I was on a call. (Slightly different hardware then other carriers TP2's by the way). But at the same time, I really had no need to be on the internet while talking to someone. The person you are talking to has to be way boring for you to surf while talking to them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej