Can i replace this phone? (S8+)

zigaliro

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Hey,
So basicly when I got the phone, the phone had a red screen issue. The screen was a little red on the left side(and it still is). It bothered me, but because the place to replace the phone was too far away, I never went there to replace it.

But now today(it just happened), the phone has a little crack on the right side. I don`t know how it happened, I was outside and when I came back, the phone had a crack on the right side. It didn`t fall down, i didn`t accidently hit anything with it(at least not that im aware of), I had it in my pocket the whole time, so I have no idea how the screen broke.

Now my question is, can I still replace the phone due to red screen problem? Or they wouldn`t do it because the screen is broken?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Now that it's damaged the warranty process probably will not replace it, however it'd be best to ask Samsung that directly. Do you have insurance on the phone?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
More than likely, they won't replace it now. Any physical damage pretty much voids the warranty unfortunately. If you have insurance, I would just put a claim through and pay your deductible.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Did you get directly from Samsung or from your carrier?

If you got from your carrier, then take it to the them and explain what happened. They may do a warranty replacement anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777