Can I switch carriers' sim cards?

Shilohjerry

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Here is my situation. I have a Verizon Samsung gs3 and am trapped in their contract for one more year. I have a T-Mobile Samsung gs2 and prefer the T-Mobile service.

Since I prefer the gs3 over the Gs2, can I switch the sim cards so that I can use the gs3 on T-Mobile until my Verizon contract ends? And use the Gs2, now on T-Mobile, for Verizon for the next year?

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Here is my situation. I have a Verizon Samsung gs3 and am trapped in their contract for one more year. I have a T-Mobile Samsung gs2 and prefer the T-Mobile service.

Since I prefer the gs3 over the Gs2, can I switch the sim cards so that I can use the gs3 on T-Mobile until my Verizon contract ends? And use the Gs2, now on T-Mobile, for Verizon for the next year?

Posted via Android Central App

The Verizon gs3 is sim unlocked if on the latest update, so yes, it can be used on tmobile. You may need to root to get data.

The tmo gs2 can't be used on Verizon though.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Uh, wouldn't it be cheaper to pay the ETF and get out of the Verizon contract altogether?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

astan#AC

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If you have a Verizon S3 SCH-i535, be sure you have updated the firmware to VRBMF1. The latest firmware unlocks the GSM antennas for all carriers. You might need to cut your T-Mobile sim down to micro size to fit in the S3 or ask T-Mobile to give you a micro sim. You will not get 4g data on T-Mobile because they use a different frequency. You will also need to change the APN settings to get data. Put in the T-Mobile sim, go to settings, more settings, Mobile networks, Network mode, change to GSM/UMTS then go to Access Point Names and press the menu key in the lower left and change the setting to the proper T-Mobile accounts.

If you still want to use Verizon, purchase a cheap phone on eBay and put it on your Verizon account instead of the S3. If it is an old feature phone, you can drop the Verizon data plan and pay just for voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts