Can I use a 64 GB SDXC card in my S2?

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello ALL:
I just got off of a chat session with Samsung and asked if I could use their
SDXC Card [h=1]Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card with Adapter up to 48/MB/s (MB-MP64DA/AM)[/h]
Here is their reply. Does it mean it will not work?
According to documentation available only SDHC/ SHD SD card will work.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It means it might work, but you'd get 32GB. It also means it might not work at all. SDXC specs don't specify what happens if you use an SDHC card, so the manufacturer is free to design the interface any way they want, including ignoring the card. Bottom line - if you don't have an SDXC card to try it with, don't waste your money.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
It means it might work, but you'd get 32GB. It also means it might not work at all. SDXC specs don't specify what happens if you use an SDHC card, so the manufacturer is free to design the interface any way they want, including ignoring the card. Bottom line - if you don't have an SDXC card to try it with, don't waste your money.

...BUT...I looked at the Amazon web site and if you buy an S2, they have an option to bundle a 64 GB (and 128GB) card. It is the one I asked about so I assume that it will work.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello ALL:
I just got off of a chat session with Samsung and asked if I could use their
SDXC Card [h=1]Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card with Adapter up to 48/MB/s (MB-MP64DA/AM)[/h]
Here is their reply. Does it mean it will not work?
According to documentation available only SDHC/ SHD SD card will work.

...BUT...I looked at the Amazon web site and if you buy an S2, they have an option to bundle a 64 GB (and 128GB) card. It is the one I asked about so I assume that it will work.

Short answer is yes. It will work. I have a 64GB microSD card in my Tab S2 and it works fine. It can handle up to 128GB.

http://secureus.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T710NZKEBNN

http://secureus.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T710NZWEXAR

http://secureus.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T810NZWEXAR

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you as I was concerned about the lack of Samsung mentioning the Micro SDXC format. Do you have the Samsung Card? Mine will be here Thursday, so I will know. :)

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
This card DOES work. It came with exFAT format and 128k allocation unit size. I have a 32 GB card and it came as a FAT32 format with a 16k allocation unit size. If I format it as exFAT it wants a default 32K size. Are these sizes too big? I mean can I select 4k or maybe 8k? Just wondering.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
This card DOES work. It came with exFAT format and 128k allocation unit size. I have a 32 GB card and it came as a FAT32 format with a 16k allocation unit size. If I format it as exFAT it wants a default 32K size. Are these sizes too big? I mean can I select 4k or maybe 8k? Just wondering.

That'll depend on your average file size. If your average file size is large, then the higher AUS will give you better read performance. Lower AUS will give you more free space.

Posted via the Android Central App

fjfisher601#AC

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Posts48 PostsGlobal Posts334 Global Posts
I can't seem to write to the SD card t unless copying over from a computer hook up- i.e., I cannot transfer from the internal storage to the SD card- is Android still blocking that ? or is it a formatting issue ?

Also- cannot attach a Dropbox file to an email as the "my cloud " option isn;t attaching to Dropbox form inside the Attach option in the email dialogue... any thoughts there too ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD