Can I use a TMobile sim on Verizon S4?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that the device is unlocked first. I'm not too sure if Verizon's S4 may play havoc when receiving signal from T-Mobile, as the latter uses a different band of LTE as far as I know, perhaps the same bands as AT&T.

s44

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can do that since T-mo uses GSM and Verizon uses CDMA.
Actually, the Verizon S3 and Note 2 have had GSM radios. The Verizon S4 will as well... and even have LTE on T-mo's frequency (band 4 -- AWS), since that's Verizon's next LTE rollout.

What it will *not* have, as far as I know, is GSM/HSPA on AWS. So you won't get T-mo 3G unless you're in an area where they've refarmed 1900mhz to 3G (which is actually a lot of them now, and should be all of them in the future). If you are, though, you're good to go for both 3G and LTE.

The only catch is that you may have to root the device to edit the APNs for T-mo use.

mark680

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I put a T-Mo sim in my Verizon S4 and at least was able to make phone calls. Any idea what I need to do with APNs to get data working? I'm in Seattle if that matters. Thanks for any advice!

phonegurl86

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just bought Verizon galaxy s4 and was wondering what do i have to do to get either t mobile or straight talk SIM to work FULLY on the phone. ... thank uuuuuu :)

teqknique

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I put a T-Mo sim in my Verizon S4 and at least was able to make phone calls. Any idea what I need to do with APNs to get data working? I'm in Seattle if that matters. Thanks for any advice!

I just bought Verizon galaxy s4 and was wondering what do i have to do to get either t mobile or straight talk SIM to work FULLY on the phone. ... thank uuuuuu :)

Where either of you able to get data to work w/ the APN info?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans