Can I use my phone's calendar to restore my Google Calendar on my PC?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I recently deleted my entire Google calendar's upcoming and previous events on my PC while trying to delete one re-occurring event. I checked the Trash in Calendar, but nothing's there. But my phone's calendar seems to still be complete. I saw a lot of ways to restore an Android calendar from a PC, but not the other way around. Is there a way to use my phone to restore my Google Calendar on my PC? Was afraid Syncing the two calendars would delete my phone's copy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which account are the phone calendar events saved to -- the local Phone/Device account, or your Google account? I'm assuming it's the former, since any change you made on your PC would've synced immediately with your phone, unless you had sync turned off.

Also, it's odd that those events wouldn't show up in Trash. You're using these steps, right? https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37113?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Which account are the phone calendar events saved to -- the local Phone/Device account, or your Google account? I'm assuming it's the former, since any change you made on your PC would've synced immediately with your phone, unless you had sync turned off.

Also, it's odd that those events wouldn't show up in Trash. You're using these steps, right? https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37113?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop

I can't remember exactly how I deleted the reoccurring reminder, so not sure why they wouldn't go to Trash.

As far as which place they get saved to, I couldn't find out in Settings. All I know is if I add an event or reminder to just my PC orjust my phone, they seem to populate in both places automatically.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remind me, which phone do you have?

In the Google Calendar app, tap the hamburger menu icon at the upper left and then see which calendar is displaying. Is that calendar listed under your Google account email address, or some other account?

On your PC, is it possible the calendar that those events were saved to is unchecked, and therefore hidden?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Remind me, which phone do you have?

In the Google Calendar app, tap the hamburger menu icon at the upper left and then see which calendar is displaying. Is that calendar listed under your Google account email address, or some other account?

On your PC, is it possible the calendar that those events were saved to is unchecked, and therefore hidden?

On my phone (LG G4) Calendar app menu, it shows my Gmail account. On my PC, it shows the same Gmail account profile photo. Where does it show where events are saved to?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The event should just show up if you have the calendar it's saved to checked on to display. Are any other calendars selected to display on your phone's Calendar app, or just the Google account calendar?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The event should just show up if you have the calendar it's saved to checked on to display. Are any other calendars selected to display on your phone's Calendar app, or just the Google account calendar?

LOL! I looked at the My Calendars column on the left on my PC calendar and somehow the Events and Reminders boxes had become unchecked. I rechecked them and BOOM, everything shows up as it was before...thank you!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana