Can no longer text to myself Can no longer text to myself

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Until yesterday I was able to send a text to myself. Now when I send a text to myself the text shows sent with date and time but is never received. Did all the usual troubleshooting and tried with Textra, Google and Samsung messaging, send OK, receive not OK. Called T-Mobile support - clueless. So, perhaps somebody reading this can offer a solution.

Prepaid
Samsung S22 Ultra
1 year old
APN is correct (confirmed with TMO)
Was working fine after last system update, problem started Feb 1st
5G UC (same problem on wi-fi)
TMO confirmed Text messaging is active
FYI same issue of wife's S22 Plus
FYI I reset network settings to no avail

Thanks in advance, Pete

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Until yesterday I was able to send a text to myself. Now when I send a text to myself the text shows sent with date and time but is never received. Did all the usual troubleshooting and tried with Textra, Google and Samsung messaging, send OK, receive not OK. Called T-Mobile support - clueless. So, perhaps somebody reading this can offer a solution.

Prepaid
Samsung S22 Ultra
1 year old
APN is correct (confirmed with TMO)
Was working fine after last system update, problem started Feb 1st
5G UC (same problem on wi-fi)
TMO confirmed Text messaging is active
FYI same issue of wife's S22 Plus
FYI I reset network settings to no avail

Thanks in advance, Pete

I honestly never thought to text myself. I just tried it and nothing happened. Also on T-Mobile. It says sent but I don't receive anything. Now I've texted myself from my Google Voice and that comes through correctly.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Just tried on AT&T and it worked but it took a bit. I sent 2 texts. The first never showed up but the second did.

1raygin

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
I just sent a rext to myself, and it went thru right away. S22+ on AT&T.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It works for me with Google Messages and a factory unlocked S22 Ultra with unlocked firmware on Verizon.
Screenshot_20230207_153104_Messages.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
OP Here.
Called T-Mobile and was told this is an "emerging issue" and they would call me within a week with an answer.
For the record T-Mobile has never called me back regarding a support issue, so, not holding my breath.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
S22 Ultra
T-Mobile

I also cannot text myself. I used to be able to text myself before. I usually do it to test my texting app. Not too worried as I don't need to text myself.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Agree with not being concerned. As long as we are receiving texts from others, no big deal in my opinion. But will be interesting to see when/if it gets resolved.

Hardhat Harry

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
T-Mobile

Just tried to text myself. I had something really funny I wanted to tell me, but the text didn't show up. Now I have the sads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana