Can not shutdown pixel 2 with Android Pie

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just upgrade a pixel 2xl to android pie. If you select "shutdown". The phone displaying "shutting down" and powers back on 5 seconds later. Pm short it is impossible to power off the phone.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just upgrade a pixel 2xl to android pie. If you select "shutdown". The phone displaying "shutting down" and powers back on 5 seconds later. Pm short it is impossible to power off the phone.

Nope, I just installed it a couple hours ago and I've rebooted a couple times after setting up and installing apps and it's been fine.

However, I did a factory reset because I'm a bit anal like that and want a clean install on a new version of the OS. You may need to do one.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just tested. I'm able to shut it down and it sits off until I power it back on.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Did this happen more than once?
Is it possible that you hit restart by mistake?