Question Can the "Allow Access to Phone Data" Prompt be permanently disabled?

Matt 5

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
I don't want my phone prompting me every time I plug my phone into my vehicle charging port. This is really REALLY annoying. Perhaps one of my biggest pet peeves with Android. Other than installing a custom ROM, is there any way this feature can be simply turned off, or forced into allowing access to phone data by default? Not trying to discuss "bypassing security" with this post, just want to not receive unnecessary warning messages, thats all.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What app is this associated with?

What device do you have?

What type of connection are you actually using to connect to the vehicle? BT / cable?

Is BT an option?

I'm trying to think of a time when I've gotten a similar message and it not being associated with an app and I cannot. Could just be me though. I usually get a pop-up to download one of Toyota's apps when I plug into the data port. So I stopped using it and started using a dedicated power port and connecting the to vehicle via BT. My vehicle doesn't have or allow AA so this direct connection through BT works fine for me. Plus with BT devices you can grant permission once in the BT settings and not have to mess with it again. Not sure if this would be an option for you or not but it feels like one of those things that might be missed because one was too close to the problem to see around it. Another alternative would be to use a BT adaptor. There are several on the market and some for cheap. In my old car I used a Monster brand BT adaptor to play media through the stereo. I didn't have a screen in that vehicle so I was only making noise come out the speakers. In the new car I have a screen, no AA, but my album art is displayed via my BT connection and I'm able to share my internet connection with the car this way as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool