Can the system UI Tuner be enabled on the 6p?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how to enable the system UI Tuner on the Nexus 6p. I tried to press and hold the gear icon at the top for a long while but I was unable to ever enable that setting. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Also I'm wondering has anyone been able to get picture in picture to work on their 6p? That's partly why I'm trying to enable the system UI Tuner in hopes that I could activate that setting with my new Pixel launcher I've downloaded from the XDA site as a apk file. One of those nights for me where I couldn't sleep so I've been tinkering with the 6p most of the night. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nevermind to all. I finally got to be enabled. Did a factory reset on my 6p and after I did that holding the gear toggle down for 10 seconds like I thought did enable it. Sorry for the confusion.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
PIP just started working for me after the update to Oreo - I didn't have to enable a setting for it, nor have I come across a setting to turn it off.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you have animations disabled before the reset/update? This stops the cog animation when trying to enable the UI Tuner. Enabling them back in the Developer Options is usually enough to enable the Tuner.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Did you have animations disabled before the reset/update? This stops the cog animation when trying to enable the UI Tuner. Enabling them back in the Developer Options is usually enough to enable the Tuner.
You know what, come to think of it I did have mine turned off. So that's why it wouldn't enable but did so after I factory reset it. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You know what, come to think of it I did have mine turned off. So that's why it wouldn't enable but did so after I factory reset it. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Yeah, probably that was the problem. Setting animations back to 0.5x or 1x is enough to fix it and after you enable the UI Tuner you can set animation values back to 0.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, probably that was the problem. Setting animations back to 0.5x or 1x is enough to fix it and after you enable the UI Tuner you can set animation values back to 0.
Yep! That's what I did and I just reinstalled the pixel launcher too. Everything is working great too.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm not getting very many options in the system UI tuner being enabled. What exactly is it for or what is it's function? I thought it had different type of ions like the delevopor mode. Anyone know what I need to be doing to tweak out the system UI tuner exactly?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not getting very many options in the system UI tuner being enabled. What exactly is it for or what is it's function? I thought it had different type of ions like the delevopor mode. Anyone know what I need to be doing to tweak out the system UI tuner exactly?
Can't help you there, I don't have Oreo yet and the UI Tuner options change from version to version. For example, when they started, in Marshmallow, you could edit the Quick Settings, but they included this feature in Nougat, removing it from the UI Tuner. Similar thing happened with Notification Levels, hidden in the Tuner on Nougat and made stock with Oreo.

What options do you get? I got curious. Can you post a screenshot with the UI Tuner options?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems your only options now are changing which icons show up on the status bar and a couple of settings for DND. Yeah, not many options now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca