Can you move files from desktop CPU to N7?

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You can import media files with the USB cable using NMI.

I prefer to set the folders on my PC to share over home wifi network (LAN) and then access them using a file explorer/file manager app on the N7. I use ES File Explorer for this.

I also use AirDroid to view and transfer files over wifi from N7 to PC in the browser.

EDIT: I'm assuming by Desktop CPU that you mean files stored on the hard drive of your PC.

Last edited:

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you get the right drivers installed, just turn on usb debugging, plug the phone into the computer with the supplied cable, make sure you are in mtp mode and you can read/write any pc folder (including the desktop) with any folder in the N7 internal storage.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Can you? If so how?

You got a USB to microUSB cable that came with your N7. The cable can be used to charge your N7 or transfer data to your PC.

To transfer data:
- turn your N7 ON and plug the USB end into your computer and the microUSB end into your N7

- a window should pop up on your PC saying a new USB device has been connected - select the show directory or open an instance of windows explorer
[ you may need to set the default USB device type Settings > Storage > 3 periods symbol at top right > USB computer connection > Media Device (MTP) checked ]

- you should see a Nexus7 'drive' device with a folder called 'internal storage' when you select this, the full directory structure of the N7 will be visible

- it may be a good idea to transfer files to the default folders eg. \Movies \Books \Music \Pictures etc to start with and you can make new folders on your N7 within those later
Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste will work fine on the PC
On the N7, get yourself a decent free File Management app like ES File Explorer, X-Plore, File Expert, Astro File Manager, others

You can also use AirDroid to control the whole process from a browser screen as repligation mentions if you want an alternative.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
simply connect Nexus 7 to PC using USB cable.

go to Setting-->Storage-->Menu-->USB MAss storage--> Make sure MTP is checked.

In my computer you will see Nexus 7's HDD

nitrorea

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
OK guys, thanks.

One more question, will N7 play .mkv files?

I have some downloaded movies I want to move to N7 so I can watch on a trip next week.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
OK guys, thanks.
One more question, will N7 play .mkv files?
I have some downloaded movies I want to move to N7 so I can watch on a trip next week.
Install one of the many free media players. One of the more popular and versatile is MX Player. I also use BS Player. Both are very good. Other users have their own favorites. They all play a multitude of codecs, so you won't have a problem. These are free, but paid versions to get rid of ads (ads only show up if you pause the video) are available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taatoodup