Can you restore a back up of an HTC One M8 to an HTC 10 using HTC Sync Manager

cnobes

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I have an HTC One M8 which I took a full back up of using HTC Sync Manager on my Win 10 PC.
The M8 is now dead and it looks like it's the motherboard so potentially no data left accessible on the phone.
I have been trying to find out how to use the back up but can't find any info on extracting/converting the back up into a usable format with another sync software.
My specific question for this thread (although I will take advice on converting my back up file!) is can I use a back up of an HTC One M8 and restore the data to a new HTC 10?
Thanks for everyone's help.

cnobes

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Stykthyn, good to know at lea tit can be done using one method. Fingers crossed someone will have tried using the back up.

cnobes

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I've been able to answer my own question. In short I have successfully used a back up of an HTC One M8 made using HTC Sync Manager and restored that back up to a new HTC 10. I received conflicting and completely unclear information from various techs at HTC using the live chat facility. I think a language barrier and lack of deep technical knowledge were the issues. Not a lot of info elsewhere either so to anyone with a similar issue my experience is that you can use your Sync Manager back up on other HTC devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37