(Canada) Looking for something Android, very simple, but have particular needs.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Budget - it's not exact but lets say anywhere from $500 to $750 CAD
Top concerns -
  1. Natural camera quality
  2. Video without stabilisation jitter
  3. At least 128GB storage
  4. 3X or more optical zoom (real, not hybrid)

- I don't do streaming audio, streaming video.
- I do very light gaming.
- I do a lot of photography and video hence the desire for a camera that gives faithful reproduction and natural images (so, please no recommendations of any Pixel which simply enhances and edits after you shoot with no control on your part.)
- Absolutely no need for synthetic effects like "night mode", HDR, portrait mode, etc which don't reproduce reality in any way.
- Good low light visibility important but equally important, as I mentioned above, something that doesn't have that crazy video stabilisation jitter on so many cameras.
- No need for the latest Android so an older phone is fine by me.
- Have an S20 5G right now. The camera is not something I'm happy with except I'll miss the 24p (being a filmmaker, but that's what my pro gear is for).

Would love any recommendations. What am I looking at right now? Oneplus 7 Pro, Huawei P30 Pro are the two main ones I'm considering and trying to weigh up but give me other ideas if you think I should look at something.

Thank you!!!

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! If you are into photography and don't need the absolute latest specs, I would suggest the Pixel 5. Its processor should also work well for you what you'll need the phone to do.

Out of the ones you mentioned, I too would choose OnePlus. I love Huawei and have used the Honor 8 (a used to be sub-brand of Huawei) but I think the OnePlus line would be a better option, especially with availability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22