Cannot add contacts

Simpsontr

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

My problem is simple, I can no longer add contacts. The problem started just after I downloaded and installed the application "GO Contacts EX", my phone lost all it's contacts and I had to start over from scratch.

I was able to add a few contact then a week or so later, it wouldn't let me add a contact at all. I then reverted back to the stock, "People" application. Here too I ran into the inability to add contacts.

This is the information I am receiving:

I hit the "Add Contact" button.

The phone ask, "Add "#########" to contacts?

I hit the OK button.

"Complete action using": GO Contacts EX. I choose the aforementioned application.

It then ask me if I would like to add, a New Contact, or Add to Existing Contact.

I choose the former.

"Create contact under account: I choose Phone.

I then enter the contacts surname and first name.

I then hit done.

I then get, Error, unable to save contact.

What could possibly be causing this problem? Any solutions out there, I've googled and searched, and searched to no avail.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using GO Launcher for a long time and most of the associated add ons and can say I have never seen this before. Then again, I add all my contacts via the phone contacts app.

Just curious though as to why you add contacts to "phone" and not to your email account. Seems like an easy way to lost all your contacts.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Clear cache by using menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all - look for Contacts and then select clear cache. Don't clear data.

Simpsontr

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I cleared the cache. It no longer gives me an error message of any sort, however, if I make any edits to a contact, if doesn't update it in any fashion. Still not sure what could be causing the problem.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I cleared the cache. It no longer gives me an error message of any sort, however, if I make any edits to a contact, if doesn't update it in any fashion. Still not sure what could be causing the problem.

Do you still have GO Contacts EX installed? I would try uninstalling the app and then shutting down the phone and restarting. See if that allows you to edit your contacts through the stock app.

Simpsontr

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you still have GO Contacts EX installed? I would try uninstalling the app and then shutting down the phone and restarting. See if that allows you to edit your contacts through the stock app.
I have uninstalled GO Contacts, and restarted my phone. However, the same thing continues. I'm not exactly sure what could cause this. It's baffling.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have uninstalled GO Contacts, and restarted my phone. However, the same thing continues. I'm not exactly sure what could cause this. It's baffling.

Installing the App could have messed up the phones software. The only other suggestion I can think of trying is a Factory reset. This will erase everything on your phone and put it back to the state it was when it was new in the box.

If you go this route it is a good idea to write down any free apps you have installed as they will not appear in your market apps list. Also remember to back up any documents, photos or videos you want to keep.

After the Factory reset, if the contacts are working propertly, I would suggest setting up all your contacts through your google email account. This way if you need to reset the phone again for any reason you can simply import them from google.

Simpsontr

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I will try this, which is a shame, thankfully though this means I have to root again. Not that big of a problem. The guide I used here was phenomenal in how simple it laid it out. I will update on the after effects of it.

Simpsontr

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Danv1369, thanks for that info, it totally works, and I'm restoring my applications through TB. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it.