Cannot call one specific phone number

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,
I use a Samsung galaxy s8+. Suddenly I cannot call one of my most frequently called phone numbers. It is my sister, and she cannot call me either. We can text each other just fine. When I dial her number, there is a pause, then I am disconnected. She says that the phone rings on her end but there is no one there when she answers. If she tries to call me, it rings a couple of times and then goes to voicemail. I can call her number from another phone just fine. I have tried removing her contact and re-entering it. I have re-booted the phone numerous times. Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki DiLoreto

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
Having the exact same issue! My husband and I just got Galaxy S 8 Plus today and my daughter, mom and dad Iphone 8 Plus. My husband and I can call parents but not our daughter. She cannot get through to us either. We've tried all of the troubleshooting as well.

Vicki DiLoreto

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
Do an update! For whatever reason the 8+ does not alert you there is a software update available. The update is specifically for this reason. Tech support didn't help one bit. I figured it out myself and it's all fixed now!

sznncarreiro

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
I have tried looking for updates, I’m all up to date. I reset my phone to factory settings, but that didn’t work. My carrier is tracphone (Total wireless) and I don’t think they have much tech support. Does anyone know about that? I bought the phone from Verizon, then changed carriers. I will look into trcaphone tech support, but not terribly hopeful. Nay other ideas?

sznncarreiro

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
This problem was only fixed when I left total wireless and went back to Verizon. Total wireless insisted it was not. A problem with their service. Obviously they were wrong. It is all working now. Thanks to all for your suggestions.