Cannot download attachment from Android Messages with LG G6 on Verizon

jut87

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
I am unable to download photos/attachments from the Android Messages app any longer. When I click the disk icon in the top right with a photo open in the app, I get the message ""couldn't save 1 attachment". I've tried clearing the cache, clearing the data, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, toggling permissions for storage, with no change.

I have saved a picture as recently as Sept 6, 2018. I'm running an LG G6 on Verizon. The last system update was applied on Sept 22, 2018 (VS98820d), so it seems like that update could be the issue. It doesn't seem like the Oreo update was the issue, since I could download attachments after that.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Otherwise, I'm likely to switch back to LG Messaging or the Verizon Messenger+, even though I dislike both of these compared to the Andriod Messages app. Thanks.

jut87

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Also, for what it is worth, the app allows me to download pictures I have sent, but not pictures I have received in the message string. Just another weird nuance to this.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if i can help, but I'm on ATT and every now and then the Android messages app has a known issue with ATT of not downloading a group message. You can go to the individual that sent it's message thread and redownload it, sometimes it will come through, sometimes it delivers as "unknown sender".

Long story short is that when this happens, I can open the regular LG messaging app and for some reason the non delivered message always shows up there correct, even though it's not the default messaging app. So with your issue, maybe you can just open the stock app when you need to perform whatever you want to do, then just continue using the Android messages app, because it's definitely the better app, and worth using for me even if I have to jump through a hoop a couple times week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi