Cannot find the Google maps app icon

Gunnym

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
I have the app installed there is no app icon that I can find I have to go to play store each time I need it. :/
Any help would be greatly appreciated
TYIA... Max

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Where are you looking?

The icon is named simply "Maps" - if you are looking for "Google Maps", you are not going to find it. :)

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: In addition to the above reply: Let the forum know what kind
of phone is that..? Phone factories include the "Google Maps"
and other apps in a single icon lately, must be in the

Home Screen find it and Tap+Hold on the "Maps icon"
and pulled out to the desired spot..Try it on!

Gunnym

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
It is a Moto G5 I tried pulling it on the screen from the app widgit and tried to pin it but it would not stay. I tried a shortcut but it would not stay either :/

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope just looking for "maps"

I'm not sure exactly where this falls on your device and OS version, but look at Settings -> Apps -> [All tab]. Is "Maps" in the list? If so, tap on it and then check to be sure has not been disabled.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Maps are in my settings just not in the drawer? for access I just do no not know how to. thanks

Yes, but are you certain it is not disabled? If you tap on Maps as I described above, there should be a Disable button. If instead you see an Enable button, then that means that Maps is currently disabled.

Dee Lawrence

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Same problem. The icon is listed under Apps in Settings but it's not on home screen. It was, but it disappeared. It's not in with another icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay