Cannot sync Samsung Galaxy S4 calendar with Google Calendar

mamabear272

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Here's what worked for me without having to copy the event, save it in gmail, then delete the old event. From your phone, tap in the event detail to edit it. Tap where it says "my calendar" and it opens up options to change it to your gmail calendar. Tap that then sync and viola! :) It will show in your google calendar!

sara lynch

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank You so much this was a huge help. After 2 calls to AT&T and a trip to Best Buy they couldn't figure out why they were not syncing over to my replacement S4. They told me to call Google (yea right) I attempted but was routing to go on support online (NOT!) I hate chats. SO I googled my problem myself and BAM! I swear we are smarter than these people that work for these companies, just like going to the Dr, majority of the time you diagnosis yourself b4 even stepping in the office, if we could only write our on prescriptions LOL
THANK YOU Ruthie

JAY ENGR

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: cannot sync Samsung galaxy s4 calendar with google calendar

Thank you. Your post and the info within was the answer to my prayers. My wife's google account (S4) would sync with my tab 4 7" and her tab 4 10.1, but the calendar events would not make it. Since my account (also S4) would link entirely on both tablets, I knew it was something in wife's phone or calendar settings. Had no idea the problem was in the events themselves. Apparently I selected google calendar when I added my events to my device's calendar, so they displayed on tablet and on desktop calendar.

mjbg

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

oops, I accidentally posted twice, so deleting 1 post

Last edited:

mjbg

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

I've just spent the afternoon in front of my computer, and with my husband's Samsung Galaxy S4 as well as my own Samsung Galaxy S4. I finally figured out the "Sync Steps" that work for me by doing the following:
From your "Apps" icon:
1. If you are using a widget for a calendar, don't use it if you want to sync. (From the "widgets" -at the top of your screen- Do NOT use the widget called "Calendar (Mini today) 4 x 2." I had been using this, but there is no way to sync it, -that I could discover). To repeat, do not use the widget as a calendar.
2. From the "Apps" (within your apps icon - at the top of your screen) DO use the app called "Calendar", (shows a 31 for calendar) .
To Add or delete your items on your calendar. 2 important things:
1. When adding an item (tap +) , make sure you choose the calendar that you want to use. (tap on green arrow pointing to the right to open up your choices.) My husband and I use a joint calendar, so I make sure I'm always adding to our joint calendar. Others may just be using their own calendar, so you would tap on your email account name calendar.
4. Then, TAP SAVE
5. THEN, you must also tap lower left corner of your phone (menu button) to then be able to TAP SYNC.
(Maybe there is a setting where this happens automatically, but I'm not going to take the time to figure out that setting, if any. When I make a change on the calendar, I want it to to effect NOW, so that I can trust what I'm seeing on the calendar).

To Delete,
1. tap on the item you want to delete from your calendar.
2. Tap menu button, then tap delete. The calendar will close.
3. Tap on the calendar to open it. You will see your item deleted, but now you must tap the menu button (lower left corner), and tap Sync.

Hope that this helps all who have been saying too many swear words like I have.
These steps help me sync my device to my husband's, as well as my desktop computer.

Perbot

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I just realized that for google calendar to be available in the stock calendar, it first has to be activated in "google calendar"-app!

1: Open "calendar" app (google calendar)
2: Options --> Calendars to be shown
3: Add your new (or old) calendar
4: Open stock calendar and the new calendar will be available :)

lgb1945

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Whoa - I replied to a post and after login it gave me a reply box - I entered my reply to thank the poster BUT it brought me to a different forum! WTF?

The poster said to: Open Calendar on phone> Menu> Calendars> Display (at bottom)> UNCHECK My Calendars! Make sure your Gmail acct. is there and IS checked. Important: Click on DONE at top!

Now set up a test event in calendar> then Menu> Sync.
Go to PC and open Google.Calendar.com
If the new event is not there look upper right for MORE> Refresh and the event should show up.

You can retest this by going to the phone calendar, open the test event> Menu> Delete>Menu> Sync to make sure it syncs to Google Calendar.

Go to PC and open Google Calendar> if event has not been deleted> MORE> Refresh and the event should be GONE.

This was for the original poster: Your my hero now! I have worked on this for hours and days. I could enter an event on phone calendar and it would not sync up to Google Calendar BUT I could enter an event on either Google Calendar or my Nexus 7 tablet and it WOULD sync the event to the Galaxy S4.

No other forum or poster had the answer but YOU DID AND IT WORKS AGAIN!! Thank you very much for posting your solution. Big ol' Android Robot Smile to you. You rock. :D

Last edited: