can't find 'charge only' mode on my device :(

Ace Cooper

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm using my new Sony Xperia Z Ultra and somehow badly stuck finding 'Charge Only' mode in which very impossible for me to locate that on this new device. I'm really skeptical to use my colleague's computer to charge it since it will definitely visible for them to view my storage contents at the same time. Please help me out of this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices have the Charge Only option with USB connection. I had it on my old Droid Incredible, but no longer on my Razr Maxx.

Ace Cooper

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks bro. Seems that the developers doing so much but ignore to maintain these basic useful option. I'm also facing some issues like they didnt allow user to install a huge apps such as games on external memory. It really means a lot. Not to mentioned they even drop the idea of camera flash on this beauty can you believe that?! lol. Overall, what a great device and I'm lovin it! :D

Aaron Ye

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
It's already built in android lockscreen feature. Password or pattern unlocking feature I mean. Basically you need to unlock the phone before the pc is allow access. Plugging it puts it in technically a charge only mode.

Kinda makes sense if you didn't have locked pin or password. Your friend would had pick it your phone and access your stuff anyway. so it's bypassed on a unsecured phone.

Posted via Android Central App