can't get Internet and can't do mms

Alex Torres5

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked galaxy s6 that I use with t-mobile. I am unable to get data/Internet and I can't do mms. Is there any setting I can change or should I bring my phone in to t-mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

ntvtxn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Assuming your network settings are fine -- try a soft reset. If that doesn't work ... might try a hard reset. Downside is that you would lose your data. Maybe you have a backup?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
A reset of the phone is unlikely to do anything to fix your problem. A few questions...

How okd is the SIM card in the phone?
Can you connect to the internet via WiFi?
I think you said you're presently on T-Mobile. Have you dialed 611? They should be able to remotely send the correct APN settings to the phone for you.

Alex Torres5

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
A reset of the phone is unlikely to do anything to fix your problem. A few questions...

How okd is the SIM card in the phone?
Can you connect to the internet via WiFi?
I think you said you're presently on T-Mobile. Have you dialed 611? They should be able to remotely send the correct APN settings to the phone for you.

I am assuming you meant how old is the sim card. I just got it like a month ago, maybe less. And yes I can connect to the Internet via WiFi. And yes I have dialed 611. They told me over the phone all the apn settings. But they went so fast I am not sure I got them all.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
They should send the APN settings to the phone, not just tell them to you. You don't enter anything, APM setup is automatic. That's what they've always done for me, including BYOP phones like the Nexus.

Cal 611 again an see if they will do that. If not, why. And don't hang up until they get you going somehow or give a reasonable explanation why they failed.

Alex Torres5

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
They should send the APN settings to the phone, not just tell them to you. You don't enter anything, APM setup is automatic. That's what they've always done for me, including BYOP phones like the Nexus.

Cal 611 again an see if they will do that. If not, why. And don't hang up until they get you going somehow or give a reasonable explanation why they failed.

I wonder why they didn't do that with me. And I will do that. Thank you for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer