Can't go right to "launcher" home screen

DallasXanadu

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
Since my most recent update, my S10+ has been wonky to say the least. I'm not sure if it's related, but the most annoying thing is that when I close out of an app and expect to be at my home screen, I'm at some other version of it. I have to hit the home button to go to my normal home screen, and if I swipe right I get some nonsense known as Samsung Free. I've attached a version of the weird screen with the Google search bar, as well as what I normally see when I hit the home button once.

(After I attached my files, I noticed that one is called screenshot launcher, and one is screenshot UI. I've never had a problem going straight to my launcher home screen, not sure what changed)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-122339_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-122339_One UI Home.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210303-122346_Microsoft Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-122346_Microsoft Launcher.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 10

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever installed a 3rd party launcher? Go to your system settings and search for "Home" or "Default", and look for the option to select your default home app. Do you only see One UI, or is there another option as well?

DallasXanadu

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
Have you ever installed a 3rd party launcher? Go to your system settings and search for "Home" or "Default", and look for the option to select your default home app. Do you only see One UI, or is there another option as well?

Yes, I have been using a 3rd-party launcher since day one. I think it was Microsoft /Arrow/whatever they call it now. I went to settings and it was set as the default, but I turned it off and back on and now it seems to work properly. Weird. Thanks for the suggestion!

TNRonin

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
Re: Can't go right to "launcher" home screen

I've had the same problem. I cleared the cache and I'll be see restarted and it's working fine now. Cache clearing will always help clear out that old stuff. I'm not a big fan of the latest update.

Last edited: