Can't install any Amazon app, from either playstore or sideloaded...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have Lollipop on my Nexus 7 2012, freshly wiped. I can't install any Amazon app from the playstore .. I get an "Unknown error code during application install: -505" for every single Amazon app I try.. this doesnt happen with other apps, everything seems to install fine except Amazon apps.

When I attempt to sideload the amazon appstore, it says "App not installed".

Anyone else experiencing this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. So Amazon Appstore isn't currently installed? You went to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp, downloaded the apk installer file, and tried to install it that way?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Nope, not currently installed, this is basically a fresh install of Lollipop on my N7 with a few apps I've installed from the play store.. Yeah, I've tried multiple versions. I have an old version on my Google drive that was prior to the new UI upgrade and hamburger slide out menu and then the latest one from their website. Both attempt to install then show "Application Not Installed"

If I attempt to install any Amazon app from the play store, it errors out with that -505 error. I've tried using Google to search but it seems no one else has the -505 error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A_Brayshaw