Can't Install apks

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Ever since Sunday I haven't been able to sideload apks. It brings up the package installer but it doesn't let me click install, only cancel. I've tried multiple apks and they all do it. I have triple checked that unknown sources is checked and I've tried with verify apps on and off. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
One of your apps is preventing it. Use ADB to install or remove app if you can work out which one.

I think it's TrustGo on my phone. I believe it could be any that has a accessibility service

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any screen dimming apps installed like Screen Filter? This app can sometimes interfere with Install buttons for some odd reason--most notably with Amazon Appstore. Not sure if it affects other system Install buttons.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What apk's are you trying to install? Are you sure they're compatible? Are they from legit sites or shady sites?

Posted via Android Central App

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Psiphon 3 mainly. Downloaded directly from their site. I've downloaded it multiple times to make sure it wasn't a corrupt file.

...I Lost The Game...

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't Install apks [SOLVED]

Edit 2: figured it out, it was bird bar causing the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Maani Syed

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Do you have any screen dimming apps installed like Screen Filter? This app can sometimes interfere with Install buttons for some odd reason--most notably with Amazon Appstore. Not sure if it affects other system Install buttons.

I happened to have same problem this solution really helped. Its wierd but when I disabled the screen filter apps started installing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts