Can't Send MMS Pic

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I can receive a pic, but I cannot send one. Usually the app will re-size the pic I am sending, but it doesn't do this with any of the apps I have tried, and I have tried three, including the Messaging app that comes with it, as well as Handcent and Textra. I am on Sprint. I have updated the Profile. Is there another setting I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Enable Group conversations and try again
Thanks for the reply. And I turned it off originally because I was getting a 'group' text when someone would send me a pic, but I did turn it back on, but still can't send a pic. I can receive them, but not send them. My guess is that none of the apps I've tried are resizing my pics like other phones I've had, but I don't know why, unless this is something new by Samsung, because my Note 5 didn't have this problem. Thanks again for the reply.

gnuser

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What error are you getting? Does it attach the picture in the message body or not? Do you have Att Message cloud sync enabled. I have it disabled.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It says 'Multimedia messages not supported by network'. As I said above, it appears none of the apps I am using will resize the picture in order for it to be able to send. It's been a long time since I've had this problem because all of my latest phones (S3, Note 5, LG G4) have been able to resize before sending. Sprint tech could also not help me. I appreciate your efforts.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
My guess is that none of the apps I've tried are resizing my pics like other phones I've had, but I don't know why, unless this is something new by Samsung, because my Note 5 didn't have this problem. Thanks again for the reply.

The default standard messages app that came on your S7 should work fine and if it doesn't then the problem is elsewhere or with your carrier.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is. I checked it after starting this thread, but thanks.

I don't know if the Wifi Calling on Sprint works similar than on T-Mobile, but with T-mobile, I have seen sometimes that with WIFI calling on, it has some issues with the SMS/MMS apps and messages in general, very erratic sometimes and very hard to troubleshoot.

So, if by any chance you have Wifi Calling on, just turn it off and see if it works, if not, just turn the Wifi off and try again.

This is what I found on Sprint FAQ's related to SMS/MMS on Wifi calling:

Can I send text messages over Wi-Fi?
Android phones: Both SMS (text) and MMS (pictures) messaging is supported in Wi-Fi Calling mode. Note: Samsung GS7, GS7 Edge, and LG G5 will support Messaging over Wi-Fi later in 2016.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The default standard messages app that came on your S7 should work fine and if it doesn't then the problem is elsewhere or with your carrier.

Yes, no one else seems to have this problem, so that's what I'm thinking. May need to do a hard reset. Ugh. Thanks everyone for the suggestions! If/when I get it resolved I will update here.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
When I had the AT&T messenger app on the S7 Edge it wouldn't let me send MMS pic through text messaging. I then uninstall/disabled the AT&T messenger app and used Samsung. It works find with Samsung.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to thank everyone for their help in this thread and give an update. After trying everything, as well as a chat session with Sprint, nothing had worked so I accepted the idea that I was going to have to do a hard reset, which absolutely sucks because it takes forever to get a new phone to where I like it, but I thought before I did that I would try the soft reset one more time.

The Sprint rep that I chatted with had given me the code to do this, so I did it one more time, and low and behold, this time it worked. I did it once before while on the chat with the rep, but it didn't fix the problem, although at that time I also couldn't update my Profile, but after that soft reset, I was able to update my Profile. So short story long, the second soft reset was the answer and I'm back in business with the best phone I have owned to date. Thanks again for all of the help.

b dc

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to thank everyone for their help in this thread and give an update. After trying everything, as well as a chat session with Sprint, nothing had worked so I accepted the idea that I was going to have to do a hard reset, which absolutely sucks because it takes forever to get a new phone to where I like it, but I thought before I did that I would try the soft reset one more time.

The Sprint rep that I chatted with had given me the code to do this, so I did it one more time, and low and behold, this time it worked. I did it once before while on the chat with the rep, but it didn't fix the problem, although at that time I also couldn't update my Profile, but after that soft reset, I was able to update my Profile. So short story long, the second soft reset was the answer and I'm back in business with the best phone I have owned to date. Thanks again for all of the help.
How did u soft reset it? I have the same issue now. I send a pic to family and friends it it wont load or open on their end.....its super annoying

Victicious Vision

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I can receive a pic, but I cannot send one. Usually the app will re-size the pic I am sending, but it doesn't do this with any of the apps I have tried, and I have tried three, including the Messaging app that comes with it, as well as Handcent and Textra. I am on Sprint. I have updated the Profile. Is there another setting I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

If you are on AT&T with your Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge or Active) this is what you wanna do:

Check APN settings
Settings 》Connections 》Mobile Networks 》Access Point Names

if you don't see NXTGENPHONE then your going to want to add a new one.

Should read

Name: NXTGENPHONE
APN: NXTGENPHONE

Leave the next few as not set. The next one to change will be located at the bottom of your screen without scrolling.

MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port : 80
Slip next 2 will be
Authentication
Type: None
APN Type: default,mms,supl,hiprI
Bearer remains unspecified

Now the save button will be top right corner where u see more, click and you will see save. After creating and making active please be sure to reboot the device and you should be good to go,

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance