Can't send MMS with Messenger but can with Samsing messages app?

brodieb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I am a new Note 5 owner and have de-Touchwized my phone as much as possible - but for some reason I cannot get MMS messages to work in Messenger. When I open the Samsung messages app they send fine but Messenger says "Message not sent:service not activated on network" - I cannot find APN settings in the Google app - ideas?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am a new Note 5 owner and have de-Touchwized my phone as much as possible - but for some reason I cannot get MMS messages to work in Messenger. When I open the Samsung messages app they send fine but Messenger says "Message not sent:service not activated on network" - I cannot find APN settings in the Google app - ideas?

As far as I know, APN should be a system setting so whatever your phone is set to, Google Messenger will use.

Did you disable the Samsung messaging app?

Logandarby1993

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
HELP!!! Last week I bought my girlfriend a regular galaxy s6 from metro pcs. She cannot send picture messages at all She attaches the image hits send and it just spins never sends please help I paid full price for this phone and was hoping it would work