Can't send pictures attached to TEXT message to one contact.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did ask this in the Pixel 3 forum but decided maybe a wider audience would come up with an idea.

Okay, gurus. I think this is a strange one. Pixel 3. I have one contact where I cannot attach a picture to a text message. When I try I see the following:

"Not sent, click to try again"

Trying again does not work. The phone I'm texting is some android LG device and her service was from Trakfone (which uses different carriers, I believe). Oh, she could send me pictures attached to text from that phone while I could not send her pictures.

But what made this more interesting was the addition of a new phone in her arsenal. For three weeks she was adapting to an iphone that her son added to his line. She was trying to decide if she wanted to change depending on how T-mobile's service worked on Whidbey Island where she visits frequently. The iphone had its own number with T-mobile. I was able to attach pictures to texts using the iphone's original number. I have being doing that periodically for three or so weeks. No problem. Pictures attach and arrive. And she could also send me pictures attached to texts using that iphone. She did add my contact and number manually before making the switch.

So, yesterday she decides to switch to the iphone and transfers her original phone number to the new iphone. Guess what? I canNOT send pictures attached to text messages. I get that same error shown above. Can a phone number alone block pictures? Or could the phone number format affect texting with picture attachments?

I inspected my contacts and compared her info and number format to my other contacts where I can send picture attachments. I could not spot anything. I have a variety of formats created over the years. 1-206-999-9999, 1 (206) 999-9999. 206-999-9999. So some with a leading 1, some with Parenthesis, some with and without dashes. I don't see any common denominator between her number and others.

Or is it possible that her listing for my contact contains some restriction and moving to the new iphone (and possibly moving contacts) moved some restriction?

I am really befuddled.

HELP!

PS: This morning I decided to try my Google Voice Number. From the desktop, it worked - attachment sent. Then from the Voice app on the Pixel 3, it also worked. I just pointed to her contact info (therefore, phone number)

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I did ask this in the Pixel 3 forum but decided maybe a wider audience would come up with an idea.

Okay, gurus. I think this is a strange one. Pixel 3. I have one contact where I cannot attach a picture to a text message. When I try I see the following:

"Not sent, click to try again"

Trying again does not work. The phone I'm texting is some android LG device and her service was from Trakfone (which uses different carriers, I believe). Oh, she could send me pictures attached to text from that phone while I could not send her pictures.

But what made this more interesting was the addition of a new phone in her arsenal. For three weeks she was adapting to an iphone that her son added to his line. She was trying to decide if she wanted to change depending on how T-mobile's service worked on Whidbey Island where she visits frequently. The iphone had its own number with T-mobile. I was able to attach pictures to texts using the iphone's original number. I have being doing that periodically for three or so weeks. No problem. Pictures attach and arrive. And she could also send me pictures attached to texts using that iphone. She did add my contact and number manually before making the switch.

So, yesterday she decides to switch to the iphone and transfers her original phone number to the new iphone. Guess what? I canNOT send pictures attached to text messages. I get that same error shown above. Can a phone number alone block pictures? Or could the phone number format affect texting with picture attachments?

I inspected my contacts and compared her info and number format to my other contacts where I can send picture attachments. I could not spot anything. I have a variety of formats created over the years. 1-206-999-9999, 1 (206) 999-9999. 206-999-9999. So some with a leading 1, some with Parenthesis, some with and without dashes. I don't see any common denominator between her number and others.

Or is it possible that her listing for my contact contains some restriction and moving to the new iphone (and possibly moving contacts) moved some restriction?

I am really befuddled.

HELP!

PS: This morning I decided to try my Google Voice Number. From the desktop, it worked - attachment sent. Then from the Voice app on the Pixel 3, it also worked. I just pointed to her contact info (therefore, phone number)
You must change your MMS settings. The process of changing the MMS setting to send pictures and videos to an iPhone device using your Android phone below .
Your phone/os may require a different algorithm:

Go to the Settings App

Tap More Settings or Mobile Data or Mobile Networks

Tap Access Point names

Tap Add or New APN

Tap Name and enter ‘amaysim MMS

Tap APN and enter ‘MMS’

Tap MMSC and enter: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/

Tap MMS Proxy and enter: 61.88.190.10

Tap MMS Port and enter: 8070

Tap MCC and enter ‘505’

Tap MNC and enter ‘02’

Tap Authentication type and select ‘PAP’

Tap APN Type and enter ‘MMS’

Tap Bearer (if displayed) and select ‘unspecified’

Tap More or Menu

Tap Save

Good luck

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You must change your MMS settings. The process of changing the MMS setting to send pictures and videos to an iPhone device using your Android phone below .
Your phone/os may require a different algorithm:

Go to the Settings App

Tap More Settings or Mobile Data or Mobile Networks

Tap Access Point names

Tap Add or New APN

Tap Name and enter ‘amaysim MMS

Tap APN and enter ‘MMS’

Tap MMSC and enter: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/

Tap MMS Proxy and enter: 61.88.190.10

Tap MMS Port and enter: 8070

Tap MCC and enter ‘505’

Tap MNC and enter ‘02’

Tap Authentication type and select ‘PAP’

Tap APN Type and enter ‘MMS’

Tap Bearer (if displayed) and select ‘unspecified’

Tap More or Menu

Tap Save

Good luck

Thanks for the reply.

The oddity is that I could send texts with pictures attached to this same iphone while the iphone was using its initially assigned phone number. It is Tmobile. I probably sent about a half dozen texts with pictures happy that it worked and as a test. No issues. I sent them and she received them. There was no error messages and no issues.

Then she transferred her original number (where I could NOT send pictures attached to text messages) to the iphone. Suddenly, I could no longer send texts with pictures. It worked before the phone number change and did not after the phone number change.

But I may try your suggestion hoping that it won't mess up any of my other "text-companions" which now work. Actually, now that I think about it, I have sent texts with pictures to my sister's iphone without issue. So, there's this oddball phone number that is proving a problem. Yup, just sent my sister's iphone a text+picture.

So, I suspect that the problematic phone has me blocked in some fasion or my phone has some odd formatting for her number that creates this problem????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci