Can't switch input method after rebooting

jeffh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
My Thunderbolt is password protected. I use it with a Freedom bluetooth keyboard. Yesterday I installed the Gingerbread update. This morning I rebooted the Thunderbolt while the input method was set to the bluetooth keyboard. After the reboot, the Thunderbolt won't accept inputs from the bluetooth keyboard. A long press in the password entry box won't allow me to change the input method to the touch screen keyboard. The entry box blinks green, then back to white, and doesn't bring up the Input Method button. Can anyone offer a suggestion how I can get the Thunderbolt to accept my password input?

More generically, how do I change the Input Method in Gingerbread?

Last edited:

jeffh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you also change it in Settings... Language & Keyboard. Make sure the keyboard is selected.

I didn't intentionally deselect the Touch Input keyboard, but I can't get into Settings to look at it, since I can't enter my password. I'm stuck at the "Enter password to unlock" entry box. A long press in that box does not bring up the Input Method button.

Is there no way to force the Thunderbolt into Touch Input mode? Something equivalent to booting in Safe Mode?

Last edited:

jeffh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
To follow up, I found from another source how to boot into safe mode and performed a Factory Reset, then reloaded my apps and reinstalled the keyboard driver. I've now changed my password from alphanumeric to pattern lock to keep this problem from recurring.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly