can't uninstall - package installer stops

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I migrated to a new phone yesterday and reinstalled all my apps, and then it updated itself to Android 10. Today I copied the WhatsApp database from my old phone before clearing it, and put it in my Dropbox so I could restore my existing chats in the new app.

Looked up the directions online and it says to uninstall the app, put the database file in its place, then reinstall the app.

So I attempted to uninstall the app. But I can't, when I touch Uninstall, the screen just flashes, and if I do it again I get an error that the package installer unfortunately has stopped.

I tried uninstalling another app and it worked fine - or at least, it prompted me "do you want to uninstall X app" at which point I cancelled.

What could prevent me from uninstalling Whatsapp in this way? I only have one chat so if I can't restore, I don't lose much, but I don't like the fact that a simple uninstall is failing. Could this app somehow not like the fact that the OS upgraded after it was installed?

Thanks!

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That was the first thing I tried! It won't go away! I am able to uninstall other apps. Oh well...
Maybe someday if I get an update to the app, it will become uninstallable.

DrgnflyQt

Jan 22, 2024
Visit site
Did you ever find out how to uninstall that app you are having an issue with? I'm currently having that same exact issue with the YOMA app that I just installed via Edge Browser on my Galaxy Note 20

Reactions: EmreBey

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find out how to uninstall that app you are having an issue with? I'm currently having that same exact issue with the YOMA app that I just installed via Edge Browser on my Galaxy Note 20
Welcome to Android Central! So you installed this YOMA app as an APK, rather than from the Play Store? What site did you go to install the app?

Reactions: EmreBey

EmreBey

Mar 14, 2024
Visit site
Hi
I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy A52 running on Android 13 with two apps that i have installed from F-Droid. I have checked their forum but they are all pros and I mostly didn't understand them and all their systems are rooted and I don't want to root my device. Than I went to apkmirror and installed the newest version of package installer but it didn't help either. Can you advise something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci