Cant update my phone to jelly bean.

Stephen Kim

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Whenever i try to update my phone.. It never works!

"Previous update package downloaded. Install update now? (During installation the device cannot be used, not even for emergency calls)

Then it gives me a choice between later or install.

when i tried the update.. the update fails at 32% and after the reboot, I get a message saying.."Failed to update firmware. Try again using PC software ( kies ) or visit a samsung service centre.

My device details are..

Android version 4.0.4

Other details can be provided if asked

Thank you

Stephen Kim

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, by stock s3. I got my phone from a generic phone shop and the guy told me not to update it otherwise it will damage the phone or something like that

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, by stock s3. I got my phone from a generic phone shop and the guy told me not to update it otherwise it will damage the phone or something like that

By stock S3, he means it's not rooted. If you can't update your phone without problems, you either A-have a damaged S3, or B-You have a counterfeit, replica S3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(838054)

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Stephen, are you sure your phone is a Galaxy S3 i9300? If so, I'd recommend updating using Odin, you can YouTube it, it's pretty easy. You can get the firmware for you SIII from Sammobile.com

asad_jutt

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
My current android version is 4.1.2 and its not update to 4.3 ... when I check for updates through setting, it will show that your phone is already up to date....
Kindly give me any solution for this problem...I want to upgrade my phone to 4.3 ...I have note 2...

6210classick

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
My current android version is 4.1.2 and its not update to 4.3 ... when I check for updates through setting, it will show that your phone is already up to date....
Kindly give me any solution for this problem...I want to upgrade my phone to 4.3 ...I have note 2...

use Android Revolution HD 4.3 ROM it's Custom ROM made out of 100% Offical Sasmung 4.3 ROM but much faster

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
If the person selling the phone is legit, why would they say this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cequens