Can't update past 5.0

Mike d82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
New to the site/app and forums.
Ive had my phone a while now an it was on 5.0 when I got it. I've since had 2 software updates , latest update was yesterday and it's still on 5.0. I can't seem to get past it. Anyone any ideas why or is this the latest update for it cos my phone says it is.
Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
New to the site/app and forums.
Ive had my phone a while now an it was on 5.0 when I got it. I've since had 2 software updates , latest update was yesterday and it's still on 5.0. I can't seem to get past it. Anyone any ideas why or is this the latest update for it cos my phone says it is.
Thanks

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 42 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 4,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 7 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0, Android 5.0.1, Android 5.0.2, Android 5.1.1 and Android 6.0.1. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1. Could you post your Model number...

To locate this, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S5 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone Info Samsung and it will give you, under Firmware... PDA, CSC and Baseband, versions as well as your Product code under the CSC CODE heading.

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), location, (UK, India, Russia, USA, etc: ), and if your phone is rooted or not and running a custom ROM, (give details).

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
1. SM-G900F
2.AP: G900FXXS1BPC3
CP:G900FXXU1B0J1
CSC:G900F0XA1B0J1
3. UK with EE

Thanks

You are on the latest release, PC3, for the U.K. model on the EE network, carrier branded model. As you know, this recently received the February 2016 security patch. Currently, apart from a few people on the unbranded U.K. model, see here, Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, has not been rolled out to the Galaxy S5 models yet. Likely release will commence Q2.

Mike d82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Oh ok. Thanks for that. It was originally on 02 but I think it was factory unlocked as it picked up my EE sim network straight away.
What's or whens Q2? My s4 was on 5.0.2