Question Can't use SD card

kenbahn

May 3, 2024
Visit site
Moto G7 power, Android 10.
Shows I have 480 of 512 gb free on SD card. I cannot access or write to the card ie. store downloads, Spotify files, store apps.
The phone did use the card at one time. Not sure why changed and stopped allowing access. I had formatted the card at one time but want to save the data on the card now so not formatting again.
I have tried to root this device using a couple different root files- I forget what and how, that was months ago and I'm amateur at tech. Was unable to root, don't know why, so that's why I tried a different method. Still unrooted.
Now I get notices and dysfunction on the phone that out of storage space. I am trying to load other apps without deleting the apps or data I have.

Suggestions please on what and how to solve this problem.
Thanks yall

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you remember where you got the card? If it's an off-brand or no-name card, or if it's a well-known brand but purchased but from random seller, then there's a good chance it's counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report much more space than they actually have, and if you exceed that space, it starts to malfunction. Read this: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-spot-fake-microsd-card/

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23