Can't wait for my Pixel 5

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
If I have any trouble hearing on calls or have the gap issue, I plan on returning and living with my Pixel 2 and possibly waiting on the OnePlus Nord N105G to be released in the US. Specs for it: OnePlus Nord N10 5G Specs

The Nord N10 is powered by the Snapdragon 690 SoC, which features a Snapdragon X51 modem. The device also sports a 4,300 mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T support. The Nord N10 sports a 6.49-inch FHD+ IPS LCD panel with a 90Hz refresh rate as opposed to the 90Hz AMOLED panel on the standard Nord.

For optics, the OnePlus Nord N10 gets a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an 8 MP ultrawide shooter, depth sensor, and macro camera. The hole-punch camera cutout on the front houses a 16 MP selfie shooter. The Nord N10 is equipped with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner as well as stereo speakers.

Would like to hear your opinion on the hearing issue for calls - I am concerned about this - TIA

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Would like to hear your opinion on the hearing issue for calls - I am concerned about this - TIA

Will do. I am hoping to receive mine this week. I am not quite a senior citizen yet but have some slight trouble hearing so I need this to not be an issue with volume or muffle-ness.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
A guy on Reddit says he had no problems hearing his wife in a busy post office, she also had no issues with the call on her end. Others have said calls are fine. Maybe out in a busy city street no, but then again I know iPhone users who always have it on speaker with the phone right up to their ears in similar situations. Maybe all phones would suffer like that in very loud environments.

Also https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/jbm2pl/pixel_5_top_speaker_and_call_quality/

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
A guy on Reddit says he had no problems hearing his wife in a busy post office, she also had no issues with the call on her end. Others have said calls are fine. Maybe out in a busy city street no, but then again I know iPhone users who always have it on speaker with the phone right up to their ears in similar situations. Maybe all phones would suffer like that in very loud environments.

Also https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/jbm2pl/pixel_5_top_speaker_and_call_quality/
It's probably not as much a concern by itself as it is a concern of the difference going from the 4Xl to 5

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Its likely subjective anyway. Some will say call quality is fine, others that's its horrible. Just test it out and if not satisfied, return it and try another device. Just my two cents.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
It's definitely going to be subjective.. I expect it won't sound like the 4 XL but will it be good enough for most.. I just hate they change things take away positives instead of building upon.. Not only Google..