Car charger recommendation

wallyweaver

Dec 9, 2009
www.google.com
I have seen lots of comments and polls about car charging, but I haven't seen anything said about ProClip. Let me first say that I am not affiliated in any way with the company, and I am definitely not being paid for this. The reasons I am posting this is because the forums have been so unbelievably helpful for me, I just wanted to "do my part". The other reason is that I am such a fan of this mount/charger since I came across the website and bought one for my incredible (which I am now selling!!). I'm really not one to go out of my way to say something about a product, but this mount (I have the fixed straight cord one) is so cool and sleek that I felt compelled to let those people who are looking for an Excellent car mounting/charging solution. Here is the link:
Dual Select Listing*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just wish these vendors would include output specs. The average 500 mA car charger is pretty slow to charge the TBolt.

Do any of these have a higher output?

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the same 12-volt Mini-USB charger I used on my BB Storm which was purchased from a Verizon store 3 years ago. I have no trouble with it at all.

Recently attended an all day outing and was down to about 50% battery when I headed for home. I plugged in the charger and used Google Nav for the "just over an hour" drive home.

When I got home, not only had the Nav been running the whole time but the phone was now showing a 90% charge on the battery. The phone itself was not hot either.

I use only vent mounts here in TX. Windshield mounts will expose a phone to ungodly temps in the summer whereas a vent mount puts the phone right in front of the cold AC air.

Your mileage may vary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes