Car Dock - Changing Nav Program?

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
So, really enjoying the Motorola car dock, as I no longer have my phone sliding around my truck center console. It seems to be a very solidly built unit, and at least for now am not getting a lot of the bouncing I was worried about from mounting the base on a slightly curved surface. Also, with the help of "Setting Profiles Lite", bluetooth is being turned on upon docking, and has had no issues pairing automatically so far.

The question I have is if anyone knows how to change what Nav program launches when the Nav button is pressed. The default seems to be Google Maps, and that program is essentially the same as the one which I already have in the dash of my truck.

Does anyone know how to change it so the Nav button will launch a different, more feature-rich 3rd party Nav app?

Thanks!

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
OK.

In speaking with a Motorola support tech, apparently both the "Nav" and the "Music" buttons will only launch the default Nav and Music programs, respectively.

So now the question becomes, how/where can I change what the default Nav and Music programs are for the Bionic? I don't see an option under settings.
Is there some setting I am missing? Maybe an app I need? Or possibly needing to root the phone to change the default apps for Nav and Music?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muzian