Carriers or HTC - Not pushing the 10?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me to see Apple and Samsung front and center at AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile and Apple, Samsung, and DROID front and center at Verizon. Seems like you gotta pay to play and HTC can't pay as much as those other brands OR Verizon doesn't feel the need to make a big splash about the 10 because iPhone, Galaxy, and DROID are easier to sell.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Amazing that HTC has a Home Run on their hands but refuses to step up to the plate...

Low sales means slooow updates.... or.... Close the doors???

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC needs to do something. If they aren't going to advertise this till the cows come home through the media, then in store advertising is what they need to do. Make those banners as big or bigger than Sammie's. Get reps in stores to make sure shenanigans like covering the camera isn't happening.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

With all the wall space at some of those stores, Im sure Samsung hasnt bought up all the spots, take over a section of wall and make it your own with multiple 10s on display. Just something. I was glad to see the store I went to had all HTCs within 10 feet of walking into the door and further back was finally Samsung and Apple meanwhile was near back of the store. So maybe the remodel helped the HTC placement at my local store.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The local TMobile store I got my HTC 10 at didn't even have one on display let alone any marketing material. I had to ask them to check the back to see if they had it in stock. All the while, a Samsung rep was there talking to me about the S7 Edge (which I also have) and demonstrating the VR to those waiting.

allnighter246

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
The local TMobile store I got my HTC 10 at didn't even have one on display let alone any marketing material. I had to ask them to check the back to see if they had it in stock. All the while, a Samsung rep was there talking to me about the S7 Edge (which I also have) and demonstrating the VR to those waiting.

I finally found a store that had them in stock after calling 7 stores. They had the display unit mixed with a bunch of other phones and there was an LG rep trying to get me interested in an LG 5. Most of the reps don't seem to know much about the HTC which tells me that the carriers aren't really getting any of their reps to try and push the phone.

Chosen414

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
as a rep at one the carriers, (the big one), stores arent pushing it because of the problems before....nobody wants to deal with returns or headaches..... im pushing it because it has higher profit and i know its a solid phone.... but the issue is also getting people off the samsung tip.... g5 not selling cause its finnicky.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just crazy that HTC knowing that if the 10 was a soft sell, that they didn't work it...

Can't sell it if they don't have it or don't have anything up to advertise it...

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Just crazy that HTC knowing that if the 10 was a soft sell, that they didn't work it...

Can't sell it if they don't have it or don't have anything up to advertise it...

The idiotic pessimist in me says that they would have a hard time in getting consumers to purchase their products over the competition, even if they aggressively advertise. I remember when a galaxy flagship is released, banners are everywhere, employees are wearing t-shirts promoting the device, and on sales ads, BOGOs are pushed for Samsung products all day long. I wonder if there's anything HTC can do to bring more attention to their products in brick and mortar stores???

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The idiotic pessimist in me says that they would have a hard time in getting consumers to purchase their products over the competition, even if they aggressively advertise. I remember when a galaxy flagship is released, banners are everywhere, employees are wearing t-shirts promoting the device, and on sales ads, BOGOs are pushed for Samsung products all day long. I wonder if there's anything HTC can do to bring more attention to their products in brick and mortar stores???

...a price drop?😂

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My local Corp Verizon store had a display unit, but no signs or anything and at the end of a long countertop full of all the other devices. They don't seem to be making much of an effort. Samsung had a huge display you see as soon as you walk in.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
didn't you hear? HTC hired the same Advertising Company that MS used for their Windows Phones. See how well that worked out for that platform.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Even more strange..... Verizon is offering 100 bucks off the HTC 10 / Iphone / Galaxy S6 / Note 5 / LG V10 phones and no activation fee or upgrade fees for new activations...

Just saw this mentioned here on the net.... The only requirement is that you buy the phone online and not at a brick and mortar...

Wonder where this is getting advertised other than the verizon website...

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine unlocked, but I went into my T-Mobile store to get my wife a tablet and the only 2016 flagship I seen was the G5. Not even the S7. Weird.

From me to you by the Power Cosmic

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
In my city i haven't seen the 10 advertised anywhere which is strange. Bell doesn't have it on display either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware