Case with curved edge protection please

tm2016

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
I fail to understand why every manufacturer is hell bent on making the same damn case over and over again. The top and bottom lips are super protected but let's leave the edges naked as hell.

The only case that offers decent curve protection has been ArmadilloTek. I have tried the Otterbox Defender, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro (without screen protector), Tech21 Something, All of the official non-folio cases, Pelican Voyager/Protector, XDoria Defense Lux, and none of these cases protect the silly curved edges. Now, I can stick with the ArmadilloTek case and call it a day, but here are the problems with it:

1. It is ugly. It has fake rivets on the back for god's sake
2. The kickstand is flimsy af, and has weird propping angle; I wished it could lay down further.
3. Most of all, it is embarrassingly ugly!

This is why I am writing to you fine folks of AC forum! I want your input on a case which can give decent edge protection. I want the edge lips raised so that there is reasonable edge protection in case something strikes the phone on the naked edge. I am not worried about the cost.

Does such a case exist?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I fail to understand why every manufacturer is hell bent on making the same damn case over and over again. The top and bottom lips are super protected but let's leave the edges naked as hell.

The only case that offers decent curve protection has been ArmadilloTek. I have tried the Otterbox Defender, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro (without screen protector), Tech21 Something, All of the official non-folio cases, Pelican Voyager/Protector, XDoria Defense Lux, and none of these cases protect the silly curved edges. Now, I can stick with the ArmadilloTek case and call it a day, but here are the problems with it:

1. It is ugly. It has fake rivets on the back for god's sake
2. The kickstand is flimsy af, and has weird propping angle; I wished it could lay down further.
3. Most of all, it is embarrassingly ugly!

This is why I am writing to you fine folks of AC forum! I want your input on a case which can give decent edge protection. I want the edge lips raised so that there is reasonable edge protection in case something strikes the phone on the naked edge. I am not worried about the cost.

Does such a case exist?

It's not that I don't feel your pain but when did you last see a live armadillo? That is one ugly animal(with lots of "rivets") 😀

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well as I've said before Tech 21 once did make a case to protect the curved edges.

They did it for the Note 7. The Evo Tactical XT. That case had sides that were raised up to protect the curved edges. Of course they discontinued that line and for the Note only have the silly Evo line which is a joke protection wise.

Samsung needs to ditch the curved glass. It really doesn't serve much of a usefull purpose, especially with a phone like the Note. I'd rather have the extra real estate with a flat screen so I could have more space to write with the spen.