cell radio keeps shutting off

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got this note 5 a little over 2 weeks ago. Been great except for this issue. Out of the blue, I'll notice that I've received no call, no texts, no activity of any kind. This is my work phone so that's unusual. When I try to use the phone, calls don't go through, nor texts. The cell radio shuts off and nothing will start it up again but a restart. No airplane mode on/off. This has happened three time is about two weeks. I tried wiping cache, no help. Don't really want to go the factory reset unless absolutely necessary. Any ideas? This can't be normal.

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking but no local sprint store says they have one. I'll call and have them ship me one. Thanks for the advice. Just hard to believe that a two week old sim could be going bad but, things happen I guess.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you using package disabler by any chance? I had this same issue for 1 week, almost returned it. I had an lte broadcast service disabled

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. No, I don't have that installed. Have disabled a couple apps but nothing system related. But did that through app manager. It's really a hard thing to pin down because I can't reproduce it on command. It's random.

BlackSheep2007

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem since day one. It happens once or twice a week. If I put it in my pocket and I'm indoors, it looses signal and it will not return without a reboot. I've driven through an area with no signal and it will not return without a reboot. I've been on wifi and after cutting it off, the signal wouldn't return. Toggling mobile data or airplane mode will not bring it back...only a reboot.

I was on the phone with Verizon Tech Support yesterday about a different issue and mentioned this and she looked it up and said there are a number of other people with the same issue to the point that it's starting to get attention now. Hopefully they send out an update to fix this annoyance, sooner than later. It's been my only gripe with the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that, even though it's not good to hear. Did they have you change sims or anything other than tell you they're starting to see this issue? Since this is my work phone, it's not really something I want to live with as it is causing me issues with missed calls and texts. Thanks again for that though.

BlackSheep2007

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
The only suggestion she had was the factory reset. I've already done one before and I've also replaced the sim and neither fixed the issue.

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Great. That sure isn't what I wanted to hear. Looks like you have company in this issue. Hopefully, Samsung will sort this out real quick.

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
my note 5 has been doing the same thing for 3 weeks now. Its getting really frustrating. Im about to sell the phone. Has anybody heard anything?

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What have you done to try and fix it? I went ahead and got a new sim and had sprint reprovison the phone and did a factory reset. Only been a day and a half, so I'll let you know if it works.

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, I can already report back that that did NOT fix it. Just found the radios off again. This phone is definitely going to be returned. Missed one important call today that I know of.

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, just thought I'd update this thread. Now something has to be going on. I just can't believe not many others are seeing this issue. I got a brand new replacement unit from sprint two days ago, and some time this morning, the new one decided to do the same thing. Two units with exactly the same issue? All data and cell functions just shut off. The only common denominator is the phone number. Think I'm going to have to close the account and return this unit and find a different phone. This is a terribly annoying issue.

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, just thought I'd update this thread. Now something has to be going on. I just can't believe not many others are seeing this issue. I got a brand new replacement unit from sprint two days ago, and some time this morning, the new one decided to do the same thing. Two units with exactly the same issue? All data and cell functions just shut off. The only common denominator is the phone number. Think I'm going to have to close the account and return this unit and find a different phone. This is a terribly annoying issue.
Any ideas what is up. Mine is getting very annoying with the cell radios turning off. Is anybody else having this problem? I have UDP and I refuse to go back to verizon. I do not believe it is a carrier related problem. I will post a screen shot the next time it happens. It will just show an x where the cell signal would be. WiFi is rarely on, so I don't think it's related to that either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Just got this note 5 a little over 2 weeks ago. Been great except for this issue. Out of the blue, I'll notice that I've received no call, no texts, no activity of any kind. This is my work phone so that's unusual. When I try to use the phone, calls don't go through, nor texts. The cell radio shuts off and nothing will start it up again but a restart. No airplane mode on/off. This has happened three time is about two weeks. I tried wiping cache, no help. Don't really want to go the factory reset unless absolutely necessary. Any ideas? This can't be normal.

I'm having almost the same issue except it's my wifi that's randomly disconnecting.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32 gigs+white) running on T-Mobile.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Note 5 on Verizon. It's frustrating. Nice to see I'm not the only one.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't have advanced calling turned on so that isn't causing this problem for me. But thanks for the comment as I was debating whether to turn it on!

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My radio does this too (I am on Verizon also).

I'm glad there is more awareness of this issue. Hopefully, Samsung/Verizon sorts this out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582