Cell Standby Drain when Cellular is Turned Off?

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So 17% of my battery has been consumed by Cell Standby, and I'd had Cellular turned off since I took it off the charger. I do have it activated through AT&T so I can use Cellular when I need too (at the gym or when running), but I hate that it's draining when I have zero need to use it. What the hell?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Double check it. I found that, and old bug on my Nov edition of the watch but still there today on my new version, when you turn on and then off airplane mode, the cellular radio will automatically be on (you check it via the wipe down status screen) but the settings screen still think it is off. You will have to toggle the cellular settings again to make it sync.

I have seen zero cell standby usage on mine.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Double check it. I found that, and old bug on my Nov edition of the watch but still there today on my new version, when you turn on and then off airplane mode, the cellular radio will automatically be on (you check it via the wipe down status screen) but the settings screen still think it is off. You will have to toggle the cellular settings again to make it sync.

I have seen zero cell standby usage on mine.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll give that a try! I didn't see the cell signal bar thing when I last looked, but I went in and toggled Cell on and then back off. Lets see if Cell Standby uses any more! I'll report back later. :)

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Another 5 percent since then, now it's at 22%. I wonder if it has something to do with NumberSync? That's showing 2% used....

Edit: 30 minutes later and it hasn't gone up, that was probably just from the burst of turning on and off again. I'll charge it over night, follow the steps above and see how it goes tomorrow.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Probably is. I have NumberSync completely deactivated after saw how much it impacted my battery life. Besides, without deactivate the NumberSync, I can't use watch to pick up my calls via Bluetooth like I used to be able to.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it was the bug! Didn't bother putting it into airplane mode last night, just left it connected via bluetooth to my S7E. Since the phone automatically goes into Do Not Disturb at 11pm, which automatically puts the watch into DND also, no reason to disconnect. Took it off the charger at 6:15, and now at 9:01 it's dropped 0%. I've checked it a few times, asked Google to get traffic, and controlled music once or twice.

So glad I posted about this and so glad I got the perfect answer! I love this watch!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol