Change appearance

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a new Echo phone a couple days ago. All seems to work well. I was a Windows 6 user and just switched to Android.

I am seeing that the appearance (background) is black with white text.

Is there a way to reverse the same.. eg. white background and black text? any place to go in and make the changes?

Thanks in advance.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The backround can be changed to whatever you want, just download or take a pic of anything. You can change text color of icons with certain apps. I use wigetsoid and any icon I put down with that I can change the text color of that icon. Look into desktop visualizer as well.

You cannot alter the text color of the phone itself, like the app tray and the settings, things like that. The only way for that would be to root but even if you did now this phone still doesn't have any custom roms or themes. We must wait for more development to happen. Hopefully they will get that 2.3 update fixed and then some great development should start.

Motorola Xoom 3g: Unlocked, Rooted, and on Tiamat 2.1.0 Tachi.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and waiting for Gingerbread.

Last edited:

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
@Castorshells:
Thank you. I will try wigetsoid & desktop visualizer. May be that will help me get what I want.

Appreciate your help!

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
In this world there are miraculous things called "idiots". They are responsible for limitations on theme and the very basic ringtone/notification system. Just as idiots were responsible for Windows Phone 7 shipping without a clipboard to move text between apps.

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
In this world there are miraculous things called "idiots". They are responsible for limitations on theme and the very basic ringtone/notification system. Just as idiots were responsible for Windows Phone 7 shipping without a clipboard to move text between apps.

I second that thought. Simple things are kept away from consumers so that the Phone Carriers feel that they have customers in their pockets and they can treat them as they want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397