Question Change default HARDWARE camera when open an APP

coloft

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I use an android mobile device and my main camera is faulty. As I use a device with more than one rear camera, I would like to change the default camera when using an APP. For example: when trying to use whatsappweb, the APP automatically opens the main camera, which is defective, and I cannot change it to another camera. I want to change it... how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not possible unless the specific app developer codes this into their software, unfortunately. If the WhatsApp camera, for instance, has only coded access for the main camera on a device with no option to change to an alternative lens, there is no way you can force this behavior. You can always use your main camera app, take the picture there, and then just share to WhatsApp via the Share button (or the Gallery attachment).

Just a side note, if your camera SENSOR is the one that's faulty, all other lenses would be failing as well.

coloft

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Not possible unless the specific app developer codes this into their software, unfortunately. If the WhatsApp camera, for instance, has only coded access for the main camera on a device with no option to change to an alternative lens, there is no way you can force this behavior. You can always use your main camera app, take the picture there, and then just share to WhatsApp via the Share button (or the Gallery attachment).

Just a side note, if your camera SENSOR is the one that's faulty, all other lenses would be failing as well.
thank you alot for your time!

But i wasnt clear before:
For example: when trying to use whatsappweb, the android APP automatically opens the main camera to read the qrcode with main camera.. i wish to change to an alternative camera..
I use the WP21 model of an OUKITEL android cellphone. There are 3 rear cameras and a front camera. I just want to change the default camera to read those qrcodes... the app do not gives me the option to do this.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site

For example: when trying to use whatsappweb, the android APP automatically opens the main camera to read the qrcode with main camera.. i wish to change to an alternative camera..
I use the WP21 model of an OUKITEL android cellphone. There are 3 rear cameras and a front camera. I just want to change the default camera to read those qrcodes... the app do not gives me the option to do this.
Your question has been answered by SpookDroid.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As has been started it really isn't possible however you might be able to zoom in as zooming usually changes the camera however if the app will not allow you to zoom in on the frame it likely isn't possible.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

From your example, for instance, when you use the Whatsapp app to scan the login QR code for a new web device, you'll notice that the app does NOT open the stock/standard camera app; it's just THEIR version (with their functions and their options ONLY). Same thing for any other app-specific implementation. Unless they open the STOCK camera or offer any sort of lens picking (which not every version of Android supports for 3rd party apps), what you are trying to do is not possible because it's not coded in the app. This would have to be an app-specific feedback/feature request, not an Android option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX