Verizon Galaxy S8 Change Profile Pic??

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed my profile pic is a giraffe. I have tried to change it but can't seem to figure it out. I went to
Phone App > contacts > Me (my contact info is the first one listed) > edit and could not find a setting that allowed me to change it.

I checked my google profile pic and it is not a giraffe, it is just a generic green "M".

So how do I change that dang giraffe picture?

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
It is kinda weird and not too obvious. But there is an edit button I think you need to click on the picture. I too, was a giraffe for a moment.

What you need to look for is the little red minus (-) symbol. Hit that and it deletes the giraffe/donut (lol) and brings up the camera view finder. From there you can also choose from your saved photos.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
It is kinda weird and not too obvious. But there is an edit button I think you need to click on the picture. I too, was a giraffe for a moment.

What you need to look for is the little red minus (-) symbol. Hit that and it deletes the giraffe/donut (lol) and brings up the camera view finder. From there you can also choose from your saved photos.

Wow. Thanks! I found how to change to one of their defaults a while ago but didn't know you could customize it entirely.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Thank you. I've been a penguin for two months. Lol I thought they changed it to where you could only pick the animals, but not your own photos.

Stanton Royce MBA

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
On my S8 Note, if I select the contact for me with the stupid photo of balls, from among contacts, selecting EDIT did not offer a red minus sign. Doing so for any other contact, including two others which I created for me for work and for volunteer work, had the minus sign.
HOWEVER, opening CONTACTS app, at the top of the list of contacts, was that PROFILE, apparently created by the phone software, with my name, only my cell phone number and that photo, and a message to share my profile. Touching that at the top of the Contacts page, and YES, the red minus was there and I could change the photo there ONLY. But again, the red minus was not available when I selected that profile for me, and EDIT, from among the list of contacts.

StephanieDuh

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
In your phone # under contacts. Press on your own name. The go to edit and press the red substraction sign in the upper right corner. It then asks you to take a selfie. Just press save without taking a selfie and you are good to go

Lizbizc

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
Did anyone else notice that in your profile (in contacts) that if you had anything listed in the Notes section, they are gone now? Notes for other contacts have remained, but those I entered under my own name/contact are gone. Anyone know how to restore??