Changes that you notice in 4.2.2

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with their lock screen clock? After I unlock widget locker my pin screen clock sometimes has the bolded typeface and other times is all normal typeface and right aligned. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it does what.

Anyone else see this? I'll grab a screen next time it does it.

Edit for screenshot -
yne7ehyq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't had the update yet so I can't really post any thoughts or findings but Basscasse you have a sweet wallpaper. Where'd you get that one?

WOP_Drive

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
One thing that was fixed... at least for me, was the vibrate notification for the (corporate) email app (the yellow email app that comes with the stock ROM).

Before the update, I'd get a vibrate notification when in system vibrate/silent mode.... even though I have the app's notification settings set to (always) silent and NEVER vibrate.

Now it's fixed :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Gabothe5th

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
this new patch has added basically a crap ton of instability for my phone. so far I have had to reboot my phone 4 times due to it completely freezing from opening apps, most commonly Google search and youtube. Also I had encountered a time when the drop down notification thingy had completely stopped functioning,even on the home screen not just in aapplication. If anyone knows what's going on plz help (its driving me crazy)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
this new patch has added basically a crap ton of instability for my phone. so far I have had to reboot my phone 4 times due to it completely freezing from opening apps, most commonly Google search and youtube. Also I had encountered a time when the drop down notification thingy had completely stopped functioning,even on the home screen not just in aapplication. If anyone knows what's going on plz help (its driving me crazy)
sounds like you may need to do a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I think I've had better battery life since the new update but I'm not sure because I only had the phone for about three days before the update. I've attached a screenshot; lemme know what you think.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361511320991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361511320991.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 43

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I finally got 4.2.2 yesterday.

The funny thing is that I think some people are poking around more after the update and just by poking around more they noticing things that were always there and falsely attributing them to 4.2.2.

For example, before the update I never noticed that one can long press on an app on the notifications screen and pull up App Info.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I noticed last week that, while an alarm is in Snooze, "tap to dismiss" is no longer an option from the pull down menu for the notification... or is it just me?